Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Hill
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several months ago it was announced that a new edition of this game was being released by Tiny Battle Publishing, any word on that edition? We're there changes made, improvements or errors made? Was it an exact copy of previous editions and lastly, is it worth purchasing if one already has a previous edition?

Edit1: correcting spelling/grammar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Copies of this new edition have been available since June-July.
There are a number of minor changes and revisions, but it is essentially the same game.

The biggest range of changes relates to the counters being double-sided, which was not possible in earlier editions.
Now there are DISRUPT counters, which is what happens to units when they retreat, and the back side of each battalion size counter has a 0-1 cadre side.
In earlier editions disrupted units were flipped over (onto their blank backs) and there were separate 0-1 cadre counters.

The counters are bigger, which allowed them to have distinct unit designations in accordance with a hypothetical order of battle for the campaign.
So now instead of shoving some anonymous counters around, you can commit the valiant Pictou Highlanders against the 3/5 Marines, for death or glory....
There is a page of notes on this OOB in the rules.

There were also a few clarifications of rules language, and IIRC I might have made minor changes in the reinforcement points schedule.
There is also a lookup table for figuring out your replacement points from units lost in the previous turn, if you had trouble figgerin' this in your head.

But most importantly, this is the best graphic representation of the game to date, or that it is likely ever to have!
John Cooper did an excellent job with the maps and counters, just as he did with Tiny Battles' publication of my Winter Thunder game.

Anyway, should you buy this one?
I think you should, it's the spiffiest!

Brian

(One small piece of counter errata: in some copies Armour Asset Point counters are marked -/+1, implying they are good for a DRM on defence. They should be marked just +1, as their DRM is just for offence. But you know something, this is something that has happened in every one of the three editions this game has had... perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.