Kanban: Automotive Revolution» Forums » General

Subject: First time playing 2 player took 7.5 hrs, hahaha. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sellers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It took a while to learn the rules even after watching Rahdo play it. I know we messed up on several spots, but just could not get the test track to move - No one was building cars. We almost ran out of car designs, we innovated almost everything. I knew it would be a long game, but shorter than Dominant Species. We got both of them tonight. Never even made it to Dominant Species.

Total of 5 cars in the garage between us.

What is the fastest combo plan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can say is, I'm glad I am not gaming with you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandra moves the car forward if she is in the department.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It sounds like you played something wrong.

As mentioned above Sandra moves the car one space.
Also at the end of every week Sandra does a End of week scoring and the week marker goes one space further.

So the game will progress for itself.

And you should try to get cars because of the scorings in the game and at the end. So I don't understand why you wouldn't try to get cars.

edit: just saw some typing mistakes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, upgrading your designs before getting a car of the matching color is a risky and half-of-the-time bad play. The earlier you get those cars out, the earlier you can know what designs you should pick up in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
Upper Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Each cube used in the assembly dept pushes the cars one space along the assembly line. Were you only advancing cars once all the loading spaces were filled ????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
Upper Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:

Yes, upgrading your designs before getting a car of the matching color is a risky and half-of-the-time bad play. The earlier you get those cars out, the earlier you can know what designs you should pick up in the future.

This is not entirely true but is a good conservative approach.

When playing "Mean Sandra" it is important to banks extra shifts ASAP to avoid harsh penalties. The most effective way to accomplish this is to upgrade plans and claim shift bonuses as soon as possible. The important thing to consider is tracking how many plans remain (non upgraded) of the car color you will later need to claim before the end of the game.

The other factor to consider, because claiming seats for the meetings is so important is the factory goals for # of tested cars and # of upgraded designs. If you will only need 2 or 3 of one type this may influence what to focus on first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sounds like you played something wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sellers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I thought Saundra was the only one who could advance the pace car, lol. I found all my flaws. Will try again. should be much faster now that we practiced everything really well, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asellers98 wrote:
I thought Saundra was the only one who could advance the pace car, lol. I found all my flaws. Will try again. should be much faster now that we practiced everything really well, lol.
I wouldn't assume that you found all your flaws. Now that you have an idea of the flow of the game, try rereading the rules again. You have more context to associate with them now and they'll be more clear. And you'll notice anything that sounds odd to you. Do a full reading. Don't skim and don't assume you understand everything perfectly already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shelton
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Something not mentioned yet: make sure you use the test track with 2 white cars pictured on it for a 2 player game. That shortens the track quite a bit.

Some key points to note:
* Sandra moves the test car every time she evaluates the testing department
* Every time someone buys a car the test car moves forward 1 space for each car bought
* Sandra clears out all 8 rightmost design spots in a 2-player game
* Only 1 seat goes on each of the blue/yellow/green goals for a 2-player game
* Only 1 seat goes at the top of each training track along with 2 bonus tiles in a 2-player game
* You cannot move to the department that Sandra is in at all in a 2-player game BUT she can move to a department you are in
* Look up the designer's geek list on how to play and read through everything. It's super helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.