Thunderbirds» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spying on TB4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Speer
England
flag msg tools
A query regarding The Hood's Spy action:

Can The Hood spy on TB4 when it's loaded into either TB2 or FAB2?

As this is played as being a photographing exercise, should this be possible when TB4 is essentially hidden away in either TB2's pod, or FAB2's 'garage' (the garage as seen for the first time in the new TB65 episodes btw!) as opposed to being 'out in the open'?

Bearing in mind that the rules expressly forbid the Hijack action on TB4 under those conditions, I didn't want to assume one way or the other, simply because it wasn't explicitly stated.

Having said all that, I could probably confuse the issue even further when you take into account that the spy action can be taken against the TB craft when they're in the South Pacific space, technically all tucked away on Tracy Island..... whistle

I guess, if you can spy on them there, you can spy on them anywhere?

Thoughts, anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
There's no rule that explicitly forbids it, so Spy away.
(Just imagine the Hood sneaking into TB2 (or FAB 2) and attempting to take a photo.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hansen
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Parker wrote:

As this is played as being a photographing exercise, should this be possible when TB4 is essentially hidden away in either TB2's pod, or FAB2's 'garage' (the garage as seen for the first time in the new TB65 episodes btw!) as opposed to being 'out in the open'?

Bearing in mind that the rules expressly forbid the Hijack action on TB4 under those conditions, I didn't want to assume one way or the other, simply because it wasn't explicitly stated.

Having said all that, I could probably confuse the issue even further when you take into account that the spy action can be taken against the TB craft when they're in the South Pacific space, technically all tucked away on Tracy Island..... whistle

Thoughts, anyone?

If you want to use a precedent from the TV show, there was the clip show "Security Hazard". A young boy stows away on TB2 and isn't discovered until they get back to Tracy Island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Speer
England
flag msg tools
Mark_Hansen wrote:
Peter Parker wrote:

Thoughts, anyone?

If you want to use a precedent from the TV show, there was the clip show "Security Hazard". A young boy stows away on TB2 and isn't discovered until they get back to Tracy Island.

Good point! Well spotted!
Right..... now, where's that camera.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.