Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Role of Tiles in The Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could those who have played speak to the kinds of interaction that result from the tiles that emerge from the cards? The rule book shows scoring and conditions for placement, and some of these are owned. But without the cards themselves, I can't tell where to place this game in terms of the role the tiles have...is this Terra Mystica significance? Or something much lighter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Dunn
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming you are asking about the 'special' tiles that some cards allow you to place.

If I understand correctly, they give you an opportunity to place a tile to get a potential tile placement bonus from the board (i.e you could place next to an ocean tile for 2 credits) and also you could potentially place to block next to someone else's city to take a spot where they would want a greenery tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'm asking about all tiles.

Once placed, do the tiles have any game significance from cards played before the end of game scoring?

This is impossible to discern from the rulebook or videos posted so far because much, if not all, of the game is invested in the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few effect cards that will give you mega credits or other resources if other player plays certain tiles. There's cards that give you a certain number of resources for every type of a tile that has already been played. Those are the only 2 examples I can specifically remember.

Additionally, the tiles interact on the board. You could leverage the work of another player by placing a city tile next to a bunch of greenery tiles they've placed. You score points for every greenery tile next to a city tile you control whether you control the greenery tiles or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
The tiles that emerge from the cards, i.e. 'special tiles' (not including greenery and city tiles) have no effect once they're on the board in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.