5,071 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
32% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Dave G

Wisconsin
msg tools
Okay, new to the game...
There are always loose interpretations of things...
But this Mark Of Lolth card... I just can not figure out how this is to be played out?

I dont get what it means when it says 'when the card is played'...?
As far as I can tell, the game tells you to hold onto it... but then why would I play it if it causes me or others damage? wouldnt I just want to hold it forever and just let it sit in my pile of stuff?

Can someone run me through an example of where 3 people are playing the game, and Player 1 picks the card?

What is done immediately? What are my options? Do I just sit on the card without any repurcussions? Is it made to be discarded after a few turns and cause penalty? I just dont get this thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The card tells you to place the card on your Hero card, basically playing it instantly. Then, the person who got this card, and everyone else who has one of these at that time, takes 1 damage. Then, at the end of your Hero Phase, you can take another damage to discard the card. If you don't, then the card stick around and you can potentially take more damage if another copy of the card shows up. I don't really know how else to make the card any clearer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G

Wisconsin
msg tools
Okay..

I guess my confusion is the whole 'when this card is played' comment.
I didn't really understand what actual definition of what 'played' is.
Was it when I discard it, or something else?

You are saying 'playing' the card is simply the act of holding onto it (and keeping it with my hero card)

So... I lose 1hp immediately.
And another one if I choose to discard it on a future turn.

And if I still have it in my possession when another player draws one, I lose 1hp every time that happens.

Got it.
Thanks for chiming in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! That's about it. It will usually cost you 2 damage, as you probably want to get rid of it as quick as you can. You can of course take a gamble that another one won't show up, but that can be risky. Also might be worth to note that having more than one curse on the same character still only makes them take 1 damage when another one pops up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is a card from the event deck. So it gets "played" when it is time to draw an event, and this is the card that gets drawn. However, upon seeing it, you can choose to spend 5XP to cancel it (just like any other event), in which case it no longer gets played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G

Wisconsin
msg tools
good point about canceling it out with the 5xp. I will have to remember that also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters.
mbmb
There are a lot of the Mark of Lloth in the Encounter Deck. I'm not sure how many (I've never counted.) But it's potentially damaging every time it pops up as an Encounter.

It's a CURSE. So it hangs around and around, continually doing damage when it shows up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.