6 Posts

Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attack and counter with frostback bear rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryxius Ryxius
msg tools
Good afternoon,

If I attack with a frostback bear (A) and my opponent counter with a frostback bear too(B).

I deal damage to my opponent and he will do the same simultaneously.

I will trigger the freeze of my bear (A) and then put an exhaust token to (B)

1. So can (B) use his freeze (because they will trigger simultaneously)?

2. Or I'm the active player so I can choose which freeze will be activated first and place an exhaust token to (B) and (B) can't use his freeze because exhausted (and at the end of the resolution combat he will have a second exhaust token because he counter)

So the real question is "the effect trigger when the damages are dealt or after"

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2) is the actual answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryxius Ryxius
msg tools
Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I agree that #2 is the answer.

I want to add, that one of the things I hate about MtG is the timing rules. I like Ashes b/c it mitigates a lot of timing issues, and the skills I consider more important are therefore more important. This is not one of those times. Even thematically, it makes no sense.

Conclusion-- while I enjoy Ashes, and currently love to play, small items like this that creep in will ultimately turn this game into a fad for me. I wish it wasn't so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kikathumper .
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does bear B (countering) still deal damage, or does he not because he's exhausted by freeze?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kikathumper wrote:
Does bear B (countering) still deal damage, or does he not because he's exhausted by freeze?

He still deals damage, because attacking and countering damage is assigned simultaneously. It's only the freezing ability that he cannot trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.