Subject: Sweep and March operation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pavel Friš
Czech Republic
Brno
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi, I have started to play Fire in the Lake and I am a little bit confused with sweep and march operation. My question is: Is it possible to sweep with one troop twice? For example is it possible to move one US troop with two sweep operations from Quang tri to Quang nam and finally to Quang Tin? If this is allowed I can travel around the map with the few troops and activate all of the guerrillas without any cost. The similar question is with march. As I understand it NVA coud march with one guerrilla or troop more than once only if the unit is in the Laos/Cambodia and the Trail value is 1 or more. In the south Vietnam each unit is limited to move just once. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Troops that are sweeping may only move once during a sweep. I don't know what you mean by "two sweep operations", you can only perform one operation per turn.

NVA in South Vietnam can only move one space during a march, you are correct!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Friš
Czech Republic
Brno
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Thank you, this helps me a lot. With two sweeps operations I mean activations of two spaces (for example Quang nam and Quang Tin). Do you know where this restriction of just one move is written in the rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Paveloman wrote:
Thank you, this helps me a lot. With two sweeps operations I mean activations of two spaces (for example Quang nam and Quang Tin). Do you know where this restriction of just one move is written in the rulebook?

You can activate two spaces, but the flipping of Guerrillas to Active happens at the end of the Op (after all Troops have moved.)
"Then, in each selected space, Activate (1.4.3) 1 enemy Guerrilla for each of your cubes (moved or already there) or Special Forces (Irregulars for US, Rangers for ARVN)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paveloman wrote:

The way the rules are written you select spaces, then move troops into "an adjacent space" that has been selected. So each group of troops only moves once into an adjacent selected space. The only exception is that they are allowed to move along one LOC between their starting location and the destination "selected space" if it is clear of enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Entner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, if you combine it with an airlift, then you can resolve the sweep in one space, airlift the troops to another, and then resolve the sweep there. Both spaces would have to have already been activated for the sweep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.