Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone selling? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
(Is this okay to post here?)

Does anyone who got one at Gencon want to sell? I was going to wait but would love a copy since we now have to wait until Sep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federali Aundy
msg tools
I'm with you on this one John. You of course have first dibs, but I'd pay a good price to get this game if someone is willing to sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenvious
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down for third then :) Ordered a copy from Wayland Games but yes... also impaitent :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may get two copies, I am still waiting to hear from Battlefront about why one order generated two charges and two deliveries (one arrived today and the other is scheduled for Monday). If I do not hear back from them I will certainly put one up for sale.

Very Strange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I may get two copies, I am still waiting to hear from Battlefront about why one order generated two charges and two deliveries (one arrived today and the other is scheduled for Monday). If I do not hear back from them I will certainly put one up for sale.

Very Strange.

So online retailers are getting them this weekend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not answer that.

I got mine from the Battlefront pre-order. The letter in the box said they were "unsold advance copies from GenCon". I have no idea how my single order got changed to two orders, why I got invoiced twice (once for an unknown order number), why I was charged twice (at different times) or why there were two different shipping companies (FedEx for today's game and UPS for Monday's). I emailed BF when I got the invoices on Thursday but they have not responded yet. It is fast service on that first one. I am happy with that, but that mistake with the second/mystery order is annoying. I am assuming I will be refunded and told to send it back or to another buyer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
martimer wrote:
I could not answer that.

I got mine from the Battlefront pre-order. The letter in the box said they were "unsold advance copies from GenCon". I have no idea how my single order got changed to two orders, why I got invoiced twice (once for an unknown order number), why I was charged twice (at different times) or why there were two different shipping companies (FedEx for today's game and UPS for Monday's). I emailed BF when I got the invoices on Thursday but they have not responded yet. It is fast service on that first one. I am happy with that, but that mistake with the second/mystery order is annoying. I am assuming I will be refunded and told to send it back or to another buyer.

I would like to formally request, through all selfish intentions, that you sell to another buyer! Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Calaway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well now I wish I bought two. Just started playing and really enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
You kids, get offa my lawn!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy to the table today and I'm really impressed. Can't wait to play again tomorrow so would not sell at any price. Take a look on ebay, I'm sure there are scalpers there selling their copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I opted to buy mine through my FLGS and I stand by that decision despite any delays, so it doesn't actually matter to me if there are other copies available sooner. All I care about is the street date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
MitchLav wrote:
Got my copy to the table today and I'm really impressed. Can't wait to play again tomorrow so would not sell at any price. Take a look on ebay, I'm sure there are scalpers there selling their copies.

Surprisingly not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I could not answer that.

lucky you

i hope my preorder ships some time before the retail release as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
No Gencon copies of Star Trek: Ascendancy are listed on eBay.

I wonder what that means?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
No Gencon copies of Star Trek: Ascendancy are listed on eBay.

I wonder what that means?
It means that I am the ONLY one to get one and I have a monopoly. The bidding starts at $400!!!devil

Actually, unless Battlefront tells me otherwise (by dinner time Tuesday) my extra copy has an interested party who gets first dibs (what I paid for it plus shipping). Someone might "benefit" from their mistake, if they live close enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federali Aundy
msg tools
Well if your interested party falls through, martimer, I'd buy your second copy from you in a heartbeat! Do keep me posted..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
It means that I am the ONLY one to get one and I have a monopoly. The bidding starts at $400!!!devil

Ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone explain to me how I can make this transaction work through the BGG marketplace (to make it easier for BGG to collect their fees)? A buyer has contacted me and we have agreed on terms - We are just down to the payment/shipping stage. I am not trying to cheat BGG.

Failing that, how do I pay the fees directly to BGG?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.