Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Extingusing Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug London
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
This action seems kind of pointless in most games I've played. Have you guys used it to good effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the monsters throw a torch at your feet and light your space and adjacent spaces on fire, it becomes very useful. This can be compounded by having a mob that is preventing you from moving away and dragging you along with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Harris
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
One of our party had become insane and had started lighting fires everywhere. We needed to get out of the mansion and were struggling to do so without burning to death...fire everywhere!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had an entire room burst into flames at one point. Spread to where we couldn't move effectively and the only way to get through effectively was to put it out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug London
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Okay, thanks guys. Maybe I'm just not seeing fires as much yet. No one went insane in our one game. And only a few squares caught fire in the entire session and putting it out seemed a waste of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Erb
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can also 'prep' the extinguish action. so you can take the action, roll the dice, and then if you succeed extinguish fires as you move. i described it like 'i better rip this curtain off the window and use it to put out those fires.' but if you fail the check, then you sure don't want to jump into the burning room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sparkle999 wrote:
Yes.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
One of our party had become insane and had started lighting fires everywhere. We needed to get out of the mansion and were struggling to do so without burning to death...fire everywhere!

And this is why I love this game.

Other quests will use it too. Escape from Innsmouth, fire crops up a couple times. You can choose to douse the fire or let it burn. Really depends on if it's in your way or not.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.