Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using tactics cards to block as part of counter attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Rabbett
Australia
flag msg tools
Hello

An interesting twist came up for me and a friend the other day when we played. I initiated combat and attacked his fleet. On my first roll of the dice I managed to roll and assign enough damage to destroy all of his ships. He did not have any block cards at this stage so I thought I was going to win the combat for sure.

He then performed his counter attack and rolled a fair few special (crossed lightsabers) results. He started picking up a bunch of block cards and then assigned these block cards to the ships which I thought I had destroyed.

Now we couldn't figure out from the rules if this was allowed. The combat round hadn't ended so that was confusing. The ships weren't destroyed yet so that was confusing. The only thing I could find in the rules was some reference that stated block cards can't remove damage tokens.

So the question would then be when do the damage tokens get assigned? As part of my attack or as part of the end of the combat round? One way would prevent him using block cards unless he had them when I did my attack. The other would mean that combat could drag out significantly if special results are continually rolled.

Thoughts? References?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is not allowed. You cannot play blocking cards during your own attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
Read the Reference rule. Under Combat -> Resolving attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is why it is useful to have a leader that allows you to draw some cards before the battle begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.