Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,
I checked with my FLGS (in St. Louis, MO) about the fall Fellowship event kit and they said they may not be ordering one because there usually isn't a good turnout (some who do play I the area buy online, not there, so the sales figures show there's no community for it). Is there anyone here living in the area hoping to go to this event? Last year it was Sunday afternoon of the weekend (this year the weekend is November 11-13, I'd guess they'd run it on the 13th).

I think if I give them a number they'd be more inclined to order the kit and run it. Additionally if anyone is interested in playing twice a month or so (on a regular basis) I'd be interested in getting together. I know there were a couple folks doing this last year, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for any interest/responses! I really want that mat/quest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find this old thread here and I hope the folks who commented won't mind me tagging them here.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20694028#20694028
Jules
msg tools
mb

Matthew Carlyle
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

T-Rev Powers
msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Deckard
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to have joined in but I'll be out of town on business!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to convince a store in Kansas City to host, but I'm not optimistic about it happening. If your store in St. Louis is going to do it, I might be able to talk my wife into a weekend road trip with the family.

Please keep us updated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lwdgames wrote:

Please keep us updated!

Yeah I will. I have not heard anything from anyone (except for Rick's response above). I hope some will be interested, I know there are a few players in town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
I'd be interested. I've never been to one of these before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
msg tools
mb
Hi Patrick!

I went to last year's event at Game Nite and there were only three of us. Also, it wasn't advertised on their website for the longest time and I continually checked in with them to make sure that I would get one of the four slots. Not very well organized or publicized which might have contributed a bit to the interest/turn out.

Unfortunately, I no longer live in St Louis (moved to the west coast last March) or I would be right there with you excitedly signing up. I hope you do find others who are eager for it so you guys will get to play at an event. This one sounds like so much fun :O You might also suggest to the game store that they only need to buy one set of three to accommodate up to 12 players (though I wouldn't suggest charging the players who don't claim one of the three decks). This could maybe attract those who would just buy the deck online anyways, but would want to experience the large group play. Just some ideas. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with my FLGS in Kansas City, and it looks like they will be hosting a Fellowship event. They don't have it on the event schedule yet, but according to the person I spoke to, they have ordered at least one kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to post to say it looks like this event WILL NOT be happening. I don't think I can "close" the thread, but at least this is some closure.

Thanks for the post a little way up, Jules. I hope your doing well being back out west!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.