Subject: App freeze ios 1.0.2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fitpresto
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Hi my app freezed at end of innsmouth scenario (second one). I am using an ipad, version of MoM 1.0.2
Tried to close the app and start it again. Turn the ipad off... Still freezing. Anyone experienced same stuff?
Ps: game is great and fun, but a crash after Almost 3 hours of play ... its very frustrating
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. They recently did an update to the app but this one seems to still be an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lindberg
Sweden
lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this happen everytime scenario 2 is played or is there somthing thst triggers the freeze?

Strange that the game was released if this occurred during playtesting?

Best aevice seems to avoid this game until a reliable fix is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, same experience as OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Lindauer
msg tools
mb
Happened to me tonight. Ipad mini 1.0.2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Smith
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. Very disappointing. Other than that, very much enjoying this game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It just happened to me today and I was using the latest version 1.0.2 on Steam, on Mac OSX. The problem still persists across all platforms.

And it sucks. It's a terrible way to end a 3 hour game session.

Game seems pretty incredible but it is certainly overpriced and underdeveloped. Still, I hope this game gets a lot of support in the coming years and I'm optimistic that these problems will be solved in the near future. It definitely has a TON of potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI. I played that scenario last night on my iPad running 1.0.2 and made it to the end. Lost so hoping to retry it today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitpresto
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Thanks for sharing your experience.
As most of you said, the game is amazing, but seems app need to be fixed.
I played the first scenario 2 times and no problems was found, but when I tried the second the freeze happened.
I am little afraid of playing the last 2 scenarios. (But I really want, because gameplay is nice).
Hope FFG fix everything quick, because I really enjoyed the game.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fitpresto wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience.
As most of you said, the game is amazing, but seems app need to be fixed.
I played the first scenario 2 times and no problems was found, but when I tried the second the freeze happened.
I am little afraid of playing the last 2 scenarios. (But I really want, because gameplay is nice).
Hope FFG fix everything quick, because I really enjoyed the game.
Thanks!

The second scenario issue is fairly well documented on these forums (a quick glance at the top 10 posts shows this!) but scenario 1 and 3 seem to have no issues. Scenario 4 did have an issue before the patch, so far no one seems to have replicated this problem since it came out the other day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitpresto
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Thanks! Yes I saw it after posting, but if I didnt post it you wouldnt share your experience with me directly. Now I will play the 3rd scenario! Thanks to you without fear! Hope the app runs smooth and nice, if not I'll became insane!! As I said before, great game!
Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr dull wrote:
Does this happen everytime scenario 2 is played or is there somthing thst triggers the freeze?

Strange that the game was released if this occurred during playtesting?

Best aevice seems to avoid this game until a reliable fix is released.

It seems to be triggered by revealing or not revieling certain tiles and tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rheinlaender Rheinlaender
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, complete freeze, restart won't help. Presumably close to end of scenario after 2.5 hrs. Very frustrating.

Here some stats in case it helps anybody.

- Scenario 2
- 2 Player,
- IOS 9.3.2
- App V1.02 (198)
- during Mythos phase (shortly after exploring out of the library onto the side alley)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wout wit
msg tools
mbmbmb
I encountered a gamebreaking freeze as well during the 2nd scenario.
From what I can tell, most bugs happen during this specific scenario, right?
Possible spoilers below:

I was nearing the end of the scenario with 3 players:
- 2 mobs active and rampaging on the board plus one deep one hybrid
- most of the map was revealed (and on fire, by that time)
- almost ready to light the lantern on the dock
- Agent was found, ship was contacted, light source was in play

During the mythos phase both Mobs entered the dock area and the game just froze up. I could only hit the menu buttons, nothing else. I quit the app and relaunched but the autosaved state was frozen as well so I couldn't continue.

I played on an Ipad with the latest update of the app.

Does anybody know the best way to get this info to Fantasy Flight (should it help at all, at this stage)? I tried to find specific MoM support address details on their website but coulnd't find any...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wout77 wrote:
Does anybody know the best way to get this info to Fantasy Flight (should it help at all, at this stage)? I tried to find specific MoM support address details on their website but coulnd't find any...

Yes, please let them know as much as possible about any crashes/bugs/similar, including platform, device, OS version, app version, the scenario & as much as you remember about your choices & what happened...
If your issue involves an FFG software product, please send an email to softwaresupport@fantasyflightgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wout wit
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, done and done!
I hope they find the bug soon, as the scenario so far was pretty damn cool and I'm eager to retry
App bugs notwithstanding, it's one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.