Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The president of Kyrgyzstan Says Mini Skirts Make Women Less Likely To Become Terrorists

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/13/kyrgyz-president-says-mini...

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36846249

Although 80% of the population is Muslim, the president stated, "Our women have been wearing miniskirts since 1950s, and they never thought about wearing an explosive belt. ...

Terrorists are insane people. Clothes also can change one's thoughts sometimes. ...

When we were searching for prisoners who had escaped a detention centre, Melis Turganbayev (the former interior minister) came to me and said that they had been eavesdropping on telephone conversations of wives and mistresses of criminals. Their wives and mistresses wore sacks on their heads and they wanted to organize bombings. If you do not like Kyrgyzstan you can leave our country and go wherever you want. We can pay your travel expenses, even to Syria.

...in 2014, while speaking at a session of Kyrgyzstan's Security Council, President Atambayev said that it was not the conservative clothing, or Muslim traditions, that he had a problem with, but more the 'Arabisation of society (and the) deprivation of the Kyrgyz nation of its language and traditions'."

It's that nation state thing again, and you thought the EU was tough to deal with.

The president's remarks followed several weeks of controversy over government-sponsored hoardings or banners put up in the streets of the capital Bishkek to try to dissuade Kyrgyz women from wearing Islamic clothing, notably the hijab, niqab and burka, ahead of a visit to the country by German Chancellor Angela Merkel in mid-July.

In another protest against the president's actions, four young women in hijabs posed on a road crossing in imitation of the cover of the Beatles album Abbey Road with the caption, "The moon does not heed the barking of dogs."

Miss Kyrgyzstan 2013

"...Egypt's Salafi Party does not see the need to destroy the Pyramids but does favor covering them in wax. ...

I've lost count of the times I've found myself sitting at dinner next to a Westernized Arab woman d'un certain age who was at college in the Fifties, Sixties or Seventies, and listened to her tell me that back then 'covering' was for wizened old biddies in upcountry villages, the Islamic equivalent of gnarled Russian babushkas. The future belonged to modern, uncovered women like her and her classmates.

The assumptions of her generation were off by 180 degrees: The female graduating class of Cairo University in the Fifties looked little different from Vassar. Half-a-century later, every woman is hijabed to the hilt. Mohammad Qayoumi, now the president of San Jose State University, recently published some photographs from the Afghanistan he grew up in: The girls in high heels and pencil skirts in the Kabul record stores of the 1960s aren't quite up to Carnaby Street cool, but they'd fit in in any HMV store in provincial England. Half a century later, it was forbidden by law for women to feel sunlight on their face, or leave the home without male permission. Even more amazing to my female dining companions, today you see more covered women in London's East End or the Rosengård district of Malmö, Sweden, than you do in Tunis or Amman.

The mistake made by virtually the entire Western media during the Arab Spring was to assume that social progress is like technological progress –- that, like the wheel or the internal combustion engine, women's rights and gay rights cannot be disinvented. They can, very easily. In Egypt, the youth who voted for the Muslim Brotherhood are more fiercely Islamic than their grandparents who backed Nasser's Revolution in 1952. ...

In the first ever poll of Irish Muslims, 37 percent said they would like Ireland to be governed by Islamic law. When the same question was put to young Irish Muslims, it was 57 percent. In other words, the hope'n'change generation are less Westernized than their parents. 36 percent of young British Muslims think the penalty for apostasy -– i.e., leaving Islam -– should be death. Had you asked the same question of British Muslims in 1970, I doubt the enthusiasts would have cracked double figures." -- Mark Steyn, July 13, 2012

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/young-363612-muslim-world...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an exchange student live with us for a year from Kyrgzstan. She's awesome. She didn't wear a mini skirt though. What an odd thing for a president to say. I mean "go freedom" but did he have to spell it out like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it too late to have a Shreve-tervention for Sikeopsi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:

You mean to teach him how to make use of randomly rainbowed fonts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
sikeospi wrote:

us foreign policy at work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes folk remember,

Planting a bomb in a pub is not terrorism, only being a suicide bomber is.

Typical of our government to not understand this.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/kyrgyzstan/terroris...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
toku42 wrote:

No, he said a Shreve-tervention, not a Grogs-tervention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
toku42 wrote:

Do you think he types these long messy shitshows out or is it all just copypasta from pretty legit sites?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
whac3 wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
toku42 wrote:

Do you think he types these long messy shitshows out or is it all just copypasta from pretty legit sites?
A little from column A and a lot from column B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
sikeospi wrote:
The president of Kyrgyzstan Says Mini Skirts Make Women Less Likely To Become Terrorists

Although 80% of the population is Muslim, the president stated, "Our women have been wearing miniskirts since 1950s, and they never thought about wearing an explosive belt. ...

Terrorists are insane people. Clothes also can change one's thoughts sometimes. ...

When we were searching for prisoners who had escaped a detention centre, Melis Turganbayev (the former interior minister) came to me and said that they had been eavesdropping on telephone conversations of wives and mistresses of criminals. Their wives and mistresses wore sacks on their heads and they wanted to organize bombings. If you do not like Kyrgyzstan you can leave our country and go wherever you want. We can pay your travel expenses, even to Syria.

...in 2014, while speaking at a session of Kyrgyzstan's Security Council, President Atambayev said that it was not the conservative clothing, or Muslim traditions, that he had a problem with, but more the 'Arabisation of society (and the) deprivation of the Kyrgyz nation of its language and traditions'."

It's that nation state thing again, and you thought the EU was tough to deal with.

The president's remarks followed several weeks of controversy over government-sponsored hoardings or banners put up in the streets of the capital Bishkek to try to dissuade Kyrgyz women from wearing Islamic clothing, notably the hijab, niqab and burka, ahead of a visit to the country by German Chancellor Angela Merkel in mid-July.

In another protest against the president's actions, four young women in hijabs posed on a road crossing in imitation of the cover of the Beatles album Abbey Road with the caption, "The moon does not heed the barking of dogs."

Miss Kyrgyzstan 2013

"...Egypt's Salafi Party does not see the need to destroy the Pyramids but does favor covering them in wax. ...

I've lost count of the times I've found myself sitting at dinner next to a Westernized Arab woman d'un certain age who was at college in the Fifties, Sixties or Seventies, and listened to her tell me that back then 'covering' was for wizened old biddies in upcountry villages, the Islamic equivalent of gnarled Russian babushkas. The future belonged to modern, uncovered women like her and her classmates.

The assumptions of her generation were off by 180 degrees: The female graduating class of Cairo University in the Fifties looked little different from Vassar. Half-a-century later, every woman is hijabed to the hilt. Mohammad Qayoumi, now the president of San Jose State University, recently published some photographs from the Afghanistan he grew up in: The girls in high heels and pencil skirts in the Kabul record stores of the 1960s aren't quite up to Carnaby Street cool, but they'd fit in in any HMV store in provincial England. Half a century later, it was forbidden by law for women to feel sunlight on their face, or leave the home without male permission. Even more amazing to my female dining companions, today you see more covered women in London's East End or the Rosengård district of Malmö, Sweden, than you do in Tunis or Amman.

The mistake made by virtually the entire Western media during the Arab Spring was to assume that social progress is like technological progress –- that, like the wheel or the internal combustion engine, women's rights and gay rights cannot be disinvented. They can, very easily. In Egypt, the youth who voted for the Muslim Brotherhood are more fiercely Islamic than their grandparents who backed Nasser's Revolution in 1952. ...

In the first ever poll of Irish Muslims, 37 percent said they would like Ireland to be governed by Islamic law. When the same question was put to young Irish Muslims, it was 57 percent. In other words, the hope'n'change generation are less Westernized than their parents. 36 percent of young British Muslims think the penalty for apostasy -– i.e., leaving Islam -– should be death. Had you asked the same question of British Muslims in 1970, I doubt the enthusiasts would have cracked double figures." -- Mark Steyn, July 13, 2012

Trying to get the thread back on the rails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
sikeospi wrote:

Miss Kyrgyzstan 2013

Trying to get the thread back on the rails.

Chris doesn't start threads, he does performwnce art then flees into the night when anyone engages him on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
So what, I want to hear some RSP Muslim defenders' opinions on what this Pres. said and does. And on 37% and 57% of Muslims in Ireland want to have the law [or someone] kill Muslims who leave the faith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
So what, I want to hear some RSP Muslim defenders' opinions on what this Pres. said and does. And on 37% and 57% of Muslims in Ireland want to have the law [or someone] kill Muslims who leave the faith.

What the hell is 37% of 57% of anything?

So you means 17%?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

So you means 17%?

Slater, scan up a little and try reading the final paragraph of the OP. I copied for you to make it easier.

Try to avoid cussing at me when you haven't even read the OP. At least well enough to remember the final paragraph. It is rude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

So you means 17%?

Slater, scan up a little and try reading the final paragraph of the OP. I copied for you to make it easier.

Try to avoid cussing at me when you haven't even read the OP. At least well enough to remember the final paragraph. It is rude.

Would need to see methodology on the polls, and the author of the final paragraph has the balls to boldly admit to not having any data to back up his punchline, just his speculation.

Keep in mind that here in the US we have at least one major political party (of two) that would love to have the US ruled strictly by Christian law.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

So you means 17%?

I have, but you did not repeat what the OP said, you constructed a meaningless sentence.

For all I knew you were quoting some pretty legit site. After all the Irish poll is about Sharia law, not death for apostasy, so why would I assume you post talking about that (as it was not that the OP said, the apostasy poll was about Britain and was 36%, so maybe you need to read the OP)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
Shadrach wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

So you means 17%?

Would need to see methodology on the polls, and the author of the final paragraph has the balls to boldly admit to not having any data to back up his punchline, just his speculation.

Keep in mind that here in the US we have at least one major political party (of two) that would love to have the US ruled strictly by Christian law.

Here in the US we have loud mouth yellers who claim that is what the Repud Party wants. Yes, but as soon as they got to the point of publicly executing kids for breaking a religious inspired law where he hurt nobody; I know their support would vanish.

I think that their support would vanish long before that, just where I'm not sure.

And that Party currently has just 30% of the voting age population as members. So, maybe 15% of the voters think like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

So you means 17%?

I have, but you did not repeat what the OP said, you constructed a meaningless sentence.

For all I knew you were quoting some pretty legit site. After all the Irish poll is about Sharia law, not death for apostasy, so why would I assume you post talking about that (as it was not that the OP said, the apostasy poll was about Britain and was 36%, so maybe you need to read the OP)?

I should read more carefully also, you're right. But, I don't cuss at people here [that I can remember].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is interesting that Islamic nations are predominately pro rape with their culture on one hand and then go full out the other way with telling women how to dress on the other hand. It seems like the problem here lies with Islamic men being a bit too rapey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

So you means 17%?

I should read more carefully also, your right. But, I don't cuss at people here [that I can remember].
No you just make dismissive comments like "Muslim defenders", as if they will just defend Muslim regardless of what the Muslim does.

Maybe if you want polite conversation you should avoid poisoning the well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
it is interesting that Islamic nations are predominately pro rape with their culture on one hand and then go full out the other way with telling women how to dress on the other hand. It seems like the problem here lies with Islamic men being a bit too rapey.

Yes, and it is not just Islam. There is a very string historical culture of blaming women for mens sexuality (and sexual crimes). After all if they are going to dress like sluts and get drunk what do they expect (sound familiar)?

How many dumpsters do they have in the Islamic world?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Yes, and it is not just Islam. There is a very string historical culture of blaming women for mens sexuality (and sexual crimes).

wow, I never thought I would see #not_all_rapist become a nutter defense. well done.

slatersteven wrote:
After all if they are going to dress like sluts and get drunk what do they expect (sound familiar)?

It's a good thing the dumpster humpster did not need four witnesses to corroborate her story. Oh and in most Islamic nations, she would have been killed for being raped. But you're right, It's all the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Steve1501 wrote:

So you means 17%?

So basically an unnamed poll put forward in an opinion piece by a writer with a history of anti muslim opinion on how the evil muslims do not assimilate into the cultures they are raised

We already managed to have Cheeto Jesus bring up how Muslims do not assimilate into the culture here, and it was shown to be false.

http://www.politifact.com/nbc/statements/2016/jun/18/donald-...

So that question is actually, is there anything to back up this author besides the usual right wing horseshit about the "Evil Muslims"

And I don't know about others, but I am not a Muslim defender as much as a defender of ALL US Citizen to be able to practice their religion under the First Amendment. I look at it as a forward defense. If I speak up for them now, maybe I won't have to defend my self in a future where the same knuckle dragging cretins decide there is something about me that they dont like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Yes, and it is not just Islam. There is a very string historical culture of blaming women for mens sexuality (and sexual crimes).

wow, I never thought I would see #not_all_rapist become a nutter defense. well done.

slatersteven wrote:
After all if they are going to dress like sluts and get drunk what do they expect (sound familiar)?

It's a good thing the dumpster humpster did not need four witnesses to corroborate her story. Oh and in most Islamic nations, she would have been killed for being raped. But you're right, It's all the same.
I am not saying "not all rapists", I am saying that the vile mentality thats "it's women sexuality that causes us to get randy" is not exclusively Muslim, either historically or currently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
I am not saying "not all rapists", I am saying that the vile mentality thats "it's women sexuality that causes us to get randy" is not exclusively Muslim, either historically or currently.

Are you equating Islamic rape culture to all men ? You really dont see a difference or are you just trying to virtue signal ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.