Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Teague
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The portion of the solo rules talking about the Random player selecting markets for investment I find very unclear. The section in question is the titled "Investing in Open Markets." Here the rules state...

"At the start of the game, for each open market, roll 2 dice to determine Random's market investments [Random is the name given to the AI player].

-On a roll of 1-3, place an agent on the indicated investment space on the market card...
-On a roll of 4, only place an agent if the market is a major market or secondary market...
-On a roll of 5, only place an agent if the market is a major market...
-On a roll of 6, place an agent on the highest open space...
-On a roll of doubles...

The only way I can interpret this is that each die roll holds the potential for placing one of Random's agents. Thus, a roll of a 1 and a 3 would mean placing two agents--one at spot 1 and one at spot 3. Okay...got it. I understand doubles except what if I roll double 4's for a market card that has only 3 investment spots...or double 5's for a secondary market card? Also, what happens if I roll a 4 and a 5 for a market card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
I found this a bit non-obvious when I read it, but on trying it out it seemed to work. You roll the two dice and if a result is higher than the number of resources on the market card, just ignore it. The only exception is if you get a 6, when you take the highest resource on the card.

If you get doubles, ignore the second roll unless it's a double-6, when you take the top two resources.

I'm sure this could have been expressed more clearly in the rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Teague
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought...just ignore anything for which there is no obvious effect on that particular card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.