Subject: Any Insert Ideas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the full KS packages from both the base and expansion (IIRC). The box is stuffed even without the sleeved cards.

Any ideas on making an insert that would hold it all (with foamboard)? Or do I just have to live with the cards being outside the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the few games where I do not keep everything in the same box. I keep everything in one box, except the ships (assembled) and the combat cards, all of which I keep in the other box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.Fatah B.Alwee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi There Brad,

Just for sharing, this is what I did for my Exodus Proxima.

1)Making my own personal home-made component box.

2)Side by side

3)Fit nicely into the component box

4)Made the cover too so the components wont fall out.

5)To make it look better instead just plain component boxes. I've printed out some pictures online, laminate and cut it accordingly.

6)Glued the picture onto the component box according to each faction.

7)All the faction component boxes, now look more better ;)-

Happy Gaming Guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the box cardboard and the separators foam core?

Looks nice.

Can you send me a set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.Fatah B.Alwee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Afternoon Andrew,

Only the seperators are foam core. While the external box I make it using mounting board. Both are easily available at those shops selling art materials.

Not possible Andrew, I wish I could but I'm tight with other boardgame project. But I don't mind guiding you to make one for yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't really expect you to ship one.

I am just not the handiest. I did make an insert for Zooloretto Jr, but I am not sure I could be precise enough to make these boxes.

I will keep working with foam core and perhaps expand out past that.

Great looking boxes though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.Fatah B.Alwee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Previously I have done before a tutorial on my local boardgame group website on how to make your own box. Here are some of the stuffs I did and transfer here, hope this tutorial help and give you a clear idea how I make the boxes.

1. How do you make your own simple box. Materials -
(1) Mounting Board - Most Art Shop and Bookstore
(2) Cutting Board
(3) Foam Board 5mm
(4) Stationery- Pen Knife, Technical Pencil, Erasure, Ruler and etc...e

2. Take the measurement and mark it out. Do take note, don't forget to measure the size of the Boardgame Box. As you need to fit in the component boxes into the Boardgame box, unless you have decide to keep it separately.

3. Cut it out accordingly-

4. Cut out the 4 corners-

5. This part require delicate cut. Turn over the mounting board to the colored section. As on the photo cut that section but remember you only need to cut it slightly deep, not clean off. Important it must still remain attached to the main board.

6. As you can see it still remained attached but we still see the cut line.

7. Refer to the photo below, repeat the process number 5 and 6 on the remaining 3 corners and the results can be seen on photo 8.

8. All 4 corners cut slightly only but still remained attached the main board.

9. I believe by now some of you might be asking what's the purpose of doing the process 5 to 8. The reason is simply this- Now turn over to the white side and push in 4 corners gently (please refer to photo below).

Hope till this part you got some idea how I did it. I will continue the follow up steps next time.

Happy gaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a Logan Compact Elite Mat Cutter a while back and just made my first insert with foam core from it.

I wonder if using Logan WC2001 FoamWerks Foamboard V-Groove Cutter would be good for making boxes like this.

Backing board would be thinner, but foam core seems a bit easier to find at a tolerable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.Fatah B.Alwee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Continue from previous post

(1) turn the boxed around onto the color (purple) side.

(2) Close up, as you can see; I only slice it deep enough so it is possible to bend in the 4 corners and still intact with the main board.

How to divide the section of the box so that your components can fully fit in nicely.
(3) Arrange the components on the cut out mounting board.

(4) Take down the measurement and mark it out on the cut out mounting board. Remember the thickness of the divider depends of the foam board that you're using, for me I usually use 5mm foam board.

(5) Now mark out the foam board according to the number of dividers required. From the photo nos 4, it show I mark out 4 dividers.

(6) Cut out the foam board according to your mark out. As I have done earlier photo 5.

(7)Now the dividers are ready.

(8) Tape the 4 corners.

(9) Close up view of the tape corners.

Till here then, will continue next post on how to insert the dividers into the component box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.