Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know not many have played this expect for play testers, but is the game here good enough to play if i have little interest in evolutionary biology?

Unfortunately my only SMG experience is with Pax Pamir, (which is awesome, i've not played this other branch of games) i'm picking up Pax Ren, and wondering whether i grab this game too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most SMG games are small print runes (~2,000) and are relatively inexpensive for the depth of gameplay. I'd suggest you pick up the game if you think you might like it. If you don't, you can always sell it in a year or two for a tidy profit.

Although, I've always found the scientifically themed SMG games fascinating, and have never been enticed to sell, even when prices are 6x what I paid for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I heard from someone who played it that its gameplay is better than that of Greenland and Neanderthal. Can't say more than such a general thing as I don't know the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this a couple of times in playtesting and it's a really clever game. It is brutal. Don't go in with any other expectations. That's what makes it a good simulation. You can watch an hours worth of development disappear in seconds from a bad card flip, but that's because the game has a lot of simulation in it. I will echo the sentiments expressed by Morten. I enjoyed it better than Greenland or Neanderthal (despite the fact it is more brutal and unforgiving).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit the bullet and added it to the order.
Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.