Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So first of all with the expansion coming I want to keep everything, although the question of: is one set stronger than the other? will remain hanging, and I want to keep some things separate for now until I have some games under my belt.

I'm used to combining sets into multiple boxes so here's my thoughts ...

The first big problem I see is the standees, I will need to put them into one box and keep them divided by colony. All the cards I have sleeved so they will go into the other box and again I'll keep them separate except those tokens that are duplicated, in which case, as with one base board, the original locations and one set of dice, they will all go into storage.

These are just plans for the moment, I'll need to build the internal space as the card inserts don't work for me or be designed to actually hold the game.

Has anyone else tried something similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just finished. All the cards are sleeved and everything is stored into two boxes.

In the original box are all the cards of both boxes, separated down the middle by the smaller original white insert which I cut out. That holds all of the tokens and dice quite neatly.
In the Long Night box are all of the figures still with the plastic stands separated into two sections using the original insert with the smaller section side cut away to provide a little more space. The board, locations and player cards sit on top. I used the side piece of the insert I cut off to seal the gap left by the board to stop the standees mixing.

All duplicate items are stored away in the rare event that I should ever think to sell.

I'm quite happy with this solution and the inconvenience of carting two boxes far outweighs the impossibility of storing The Long Night without dismantling the standees after each game and having all cards sleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.