Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Board Game
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game at GenCon this year and I love it. I thought today about the game and how the maps are set up. I made a map online consisting of two large rooms both with access ports leading down 6 tunnels towards the escape pods. One is the Lair where the humans have just fought the Big Bad and now must run for safety. This means that the Alien Entry and the Human Entry are at a fairly short distance. The other room I would consider like a large Warehouse aboard the ship.

The alien room is full of dangerous sectors. There is a single Silent Sector. The Warehouse is completely silent with the exception of a cluster of three Dangerous Sectors.

Any alien which ends its turn on the Lair's silent sector gets a second alien card from the Alien Cards not in play (limit 1 in a 3-4 player/2 in 5+). This give aways the Alien's location for that turn. In any subsequent turn the player may announce they are going to "place a spore pod." It may be any sector they move through or end their turn in and at the end of the Turn regardless of their actual sector type they would say "Silent Sector." After a pod has been placed, at any point on that Alien player's turn, they may state "Spore Pod J06," as a free action. If any human is on that space there Human card is discarded, and they become the Alien on the Alien Card given to them.

Similarly the Warehouse contains a cluster of three spaces which is where the humans keep their stash of priority Equipment. If they wish to access the store (again only 1 item for 3-4/2 for 5-8) they declare "Searching Inventory."

The human then declares an item and searches the deck. If the item isn't in the deck the human player get nothing. All discarded cards are then placed back in the deck and it is reshuffled (excluding silence/item cards). Otherwise, they take the item and shuffled the deck along with the discarded cards, again without item or silence cards.

This kind of additional play might be too much, but I think it will be interesting to find out. This game lends itself so very well to being a Sandbox.

The map itself has the humans starting 5 spaces away from the aliens in a desperate attempt to run, hide, or sneak past the aliens. If they can't sneak past the aliens they will have to go through the Warehouse to one of two pathways. A path leading to behind all of the pods with access to all of them, or a path leading directly to one of them with a side access to another. The Lair also has a tunnel leading behind the pods and a tunnel which gives players a choice of 4 tunnels which lead to the corresponding 4 pods. Unfortunately, the humans would have to pass by the Alien entry point to have access to those tunnels.

With a few little dead ends to round out it's structure and provide little hiding places or places to pop out from, the map provides a lot of room for imagination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.