Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Skinner
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
For those of you with all three games, do you expect to store the games separately (separating after a Texas Arrows game that requires multiple sets)? Or maybe to put counters in one box, maps in another, etc? Or US in one, Germans in another, Russians in 3rd?

I will want one place to put extra stuff, like the old style map, extra counters, etc.

andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The way I have it at the moment is all counters in two trays in the Ghost Panzer box (though I'm not sure yet if I'm going to stick with the included trays or use GMT) as well as the extra rulebook copies.

The Screaming Eagles box has all the maps, one set of rules, two sets of laminated reference sheets, all the scenarios (including the scenario card pack) and the battle manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only get Texas Arrows, but yeah I'll put all map counters in a box, and the counters in other boxes. I put counters in plastic containers, with 5 by 2 compartments. Usually 2 or 3 of these containers fit the whole army. One unit type per compartment.

https://www.tokopedia.com/madjugros/kotak-penyimpanan-plasti...

There's 5 by 3 box, but I can't fit them as well to the original boxes as the 5 by 2 ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as above, I'll keep all the US together, Germans together, etc, and get everything into two boxes rather than three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Skinner
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm still clipping and sorting. I really did not have to clip and sort all the extra counters that came with TA, I guess, but I could not resist.

I got GMT counter trays, 10 for $20. One holds all the US, sorted, but I had to make little dividers. These are strips of paper 1" by 3", folded so that there is a 1" flat, a 1/2" high divider, and 1" flat. They don't need glue or to be cardstock, but with all the counters that come in small numbers, they allow me to double up a bunch.

The Germans fit into two trays, though I think I may still have some foxhole counters. I have not done the Russians yet. And the game counters fit into one with extra space. (I might have more room if I move the foxhole counters there.)

So I'm on the lookout for other of my games that would like to use the trays that came with the game. Something where I don't want to have to select counters.

Currently I have US in SE, Germans in TA, and Russians in GP.

andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Skinner
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here are pictures of how I store my counters.

And links in case I mess that up:
https://goo.gl/photos/WYsMeHc44ik8VR1U6
https://goo.gl/photos/oNMrM6SQ2qodAF6XA

They are GMT counter trays, with some dividers that are just 3"x1" rectangles of paper folded like __|__. Since some things only have a few counters, that lets me put in a lot more.

The US all fit into one tray, the Russians in another, and the Germans in two. Except that I have about two rows of counters left. The game counters are all in another.

I'm looking for how to use the trays that came with the games. I thought one was going to be perfect for an old Wizard's Quest game, but it didn't fit into the box. Still looking.

andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT counter trays for me, everything clipped and sorted. Will probably break everything down the way I do for my CC stuff ... maps all in one box, counters in another, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, my final storage scheme:

Screaming Eagles holds the scenario books and maps.

Texas Arrows hold all the units, scenario sheets, QRS and rulebook.

Ghost Panzer holds all legacy components.

The plastic boxes count exploded: 12 plastic boxes, but that's after I give each side a dedicated box for administrative counters and concealment counters. They all fit in the Texas Arrows box.

Generally I divide between infantry & vehicles/guns, but they may mix around a little bit. Texas Arrows & Screaming Eagles units in their own respective boxes. Decoys & transports in infantry boxes (as they are usually deployed as infantry).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
GMT counter trays for me, everything clipped and sorted. Will probably break everything down the way I do for my CC stuff ... maps all in one box, counters in another, etc.

Same here. I tried the Worthington trays that came with the game, but they are just a little too fiddly for me to find what I was after. GMT trays are a much better fit for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using DVG trays, one for each game to hold all of the unit counters and then a smaller dollar store box for action counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the Worthington trays with cardstock dividers inspired by dougadamsau. My other wargames are bagged, but I figured I have the trays, let's try them! I made the dividers with uniform 3/4" gaps: enough to fit ten counters with room to flick through them, but shallow enough that a counter can't fall flat. I store the games vertically without a problem.

In the SE box are all the counters: one tray has all the German and US counters, and Op Fire and Move markers; the other has all the Russian counters, artillery, terrain, dice, and the rest of the informational markers.

In the GP box are the rules, two PACs, scenario cards, Battle Manual, map boards.

(TA box has all the duplicates and is in a closet.)

Everything fits like a glove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey wrote:
inspired by dougadamsau.

thumbsup

... and I must play some Rallyman again very soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravey, I am glad the WG trays worked for you.

This was my storage attempt:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/3162887/band-brothers-te...

I explain it a little bit in the comments under the picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Skinner
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would definitely have done better if I had put all the extra stuff in storage like you did. I just couldn't resist combining them.

andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Gravey wrote:
inspired by dougadamsau.

thumbsup

... and I must play some Rallyman again very soon!

How about both at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
It is like a Twilight Zone episode. They are just driving down the road, minding their own business, and suddenly the world is very different and there are others out to get them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the included trays and when I arrived at game day was reminded that counter tray lids that don't indent into the bins simply don't work.

Fortunately I have a few GMT trays and plastic divider boxes laying around. . .just gotta come up with a plan. Do I want to punch everything and sort 'em together? Keep 'em separated by set for now? I was going to put the Texas Arrows extra counters in my original edition of Screaming Eagles and trade it, but when I opened TA, the counters all fell out of the sprues, so I think I might just keep 'em.

Decisions, decisions. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.