The Battle for Normandy» Forums » General

Subject: other wargames with same rule system as BfN? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I really love the simplicity of the rules. Unfortunately my table is too small to fit the campaign game. Are there other games out there or in the planning with the rule system of BfN? thx for any info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been on the P500 list on GMT for over 5 years now. Not sure when or if it will ever see the light of day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought I had seen a posting where the designer was overseas on a military assignment or something. It would be great to have some sort of update for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris mata
United States
moore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought it was either super close or made the cut?

I backed it about 6 months ago. need to go check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boyens
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
I just purchased my copy from GMT P500 - still got the P500 price. We will see when it ships. GMT site said it is being printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boyens
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
enpeze wrote:
I really love the simplicity of the rules. Unfortunately my table is too small to fit the campaign game. Are there other games out there or in the planning with the rule system of BfN? thx for any info.

Do you have the expansion or the expansion rules? There are some scenarios that use only 1 map or 2 maps. And the expansion has back-printed maps for those scenarios needing less than 2 full maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boyens
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
I just sent an e-mail to GMT today and got an immediate response - they have sent an e-mail to the designer asking him/them to hurry things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Frederick
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RBoyens wrote:
I just sent an e-mail to GMT today and got an immediate response - they have sent an e-mail to the designer asking him/them to hurry things up.

That's great. But as with everything, it's all relative. How fast is "hurry it up"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
RBoyens wrote:
enpeze wrote:

Do you have the expansion or the expansion rules? There are some scenarios that use only 1 map or 2 maps. And the expansion has back-printed maps for those scenarios needing less than 2 full maps.

yeah, I have the xpansion but got not the time to play yet. Nonetheless many thx for the tipp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.