Subject: Looking for official answers to these remaining 15 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Steensland
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have now had the pleasure of playing several rounds of Posthuman. They have all been fun and different experiences. Quite a few rules questions popped up. Some were answered by the FAQ or by kind replies from Gordon here on BGG. The following questions remain unanswered, and I would very much appreciate official responses to them.

Rounds of combat vs multiple enemies
Footwork
Q1: Can I re-roll against the first enemy in the first round and then again against the second enemy in the first round?
G1: I assume no, since I interpret "combat round" as fighting all enemies once.

Fanboy
Q2: Can I discard a fanboy to cancel all wounds from enemy one and enemy two in the first combat round?
G1: I assume no, since it would create timing questions, should I then discard him A) before any rolls are made, B) after any roll is made, but still applying to past/future rolls of the same round or C) after all rolls are made in the round?

Combat effects (knockdown/leader)
Q3: Is it true that ALL effects, such as knockdown, triggered in round X come into play at the start of round X+1 and last until the end of round X+1, with exception for the Outnumbering rule, which can remove the extra die in the middle of a round?
G3: I guess so.
Q4: Is an effect such Leader cancelled after the entire round where the enemy was killed?
G4: I guess so.

Re-rolls
Mind 5
Q5: Can I make the two rerolls granted per encounter in different combat rounds (or against different enemeis)?
G5: I guess so.

Stealth
Q6: Does activating Stealth mean that I reroll both the die for me and the die for the enemy?
G6: I guess so, since my die is only considered "failed" in relation to the enemy die.

Re-rolling twice
Q7: The rules forbid a die to be re-rolled twice. Does that apply even if that is positive to the player? (I.e. first failing a mind test, then re-rolling it successfully using a skill, should I then disregard the Watched event?)
G7: I assume so, but it is a bit counter-intuitive.

Hand managment
Max three cards
Q8: If I have three cards in my hand and am about to draw more, can I then draw all the cards entitled to and after that immediately discard/play down to 3?
G8: I assume so, but it's not written as such. The alternative of discarding before drawing makes it quite slow if I draw several and is supposed to discard in between.

Mutant actions
Mind control
Q9: Does a mind stat of 5 grant five re-rolls (as opposed to two)?
G9: I assume so, since the card is otherwise useless with mind less than 4.
Q10: If the mutant encounter has human minions, are re-rolls allowed for the minions?
G10: I assume so, since the mutant action card states "for the whole encounter".

Drawing skills
Drawing an identical skill
Q11: If I discard 3 XP to draw two skills and either draw two of the same or one skill that I already have, can I discard one and re-draw? If not, can I discard if both are skills that I already have?
G11: I guess not. During setup I can do it, but the rules doesn't say that applies when turning in XP.

Combat effects
Bolas
Q12: Does each hit with a Bolas reduce the number of dice by one?
G12: I guess so, since it doesn't state anything like "for any number of hits".

Specific encounters
Stalker
Q13: If deciding to fight it by drawing a mutant minion, can I attempt to evade it?
G13: I guess not, since the main encounter was the story card.

Spin the mutant
Q14: Can I turn in any mutants that I have already beat on this tile before drawing the Spin the mutant?
G14: I have no idea. The card says "mutant encounter cards you beat". Beat can be both future and past tense.
Q15: Does a mutant minion count as a mutant encounter card for the purpose of Spin the mutant?
G15: I guess so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hemmings
United States
Tumwater
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm disappointed you didn't get answers to these questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Steensland
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you. The designer Gordon has replied to my PM that he is really busy with another game and Essen, but that he will take a look at the thread when he has a chance. I agree that I would have expected some answers by now, but at least there is hope for answers soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.