Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
You kids, get offa my lawn!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming your ascendency is high enough to support multiple starbases, can you place more than one starbase on the same system you control?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
MitchLav wrote:
Assuming your ascendency is high enough to support multiple starbases, can you place more than one starbase on the same system you control?

They don't say you can't, but why would you? That takes away half of the point of a starbase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
You kids, get offa my lawn!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed but it participates in space battles and in a key sector would be beneficial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its not noted, but i do think the idea is its limited to one per system.

if you would lose such a system it would immediately lose you 2 command tokens, that could be a huge difference and hamper your ability to retake the system, and you would be almost forced to keep a suficiently large fleet stationed there all the time.

it also reduces your spread of your ship-building capability

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
MitchLav wrote:
can you place more than one starbase on the same system you control?

According to the rules you can do it.

Losing that system would be a blow, but if you could rush the Bases maybe the extra command is worth it? It's a strategy I think people will experiment with.

The pros are you can defend easier in a concentrated area and if you rush out bases you will get extra commands.

The cons are you might be farther away from the action and need to spend those commands to move into position.

Maybe it will be a good strategy with lots of players versus less players? Who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since they are written assuming just 1 starbase, the rules don't exactly make it clear if you get an extra die for each starbase in battle or just roll 1 extra dice if you have at least one starbase. I suppose I would go with each starbase myself though (which seems the consensus)... assuming multiple are allowed.

pg17 wrote:
"Starbases provide support for your Ships in Space Battels. When you have Ships in Orbit of a System you Control with a Starbase, roll an additional die to Hit."

(And blast the rules pdf again for not being searchable and not being able to copy/paste!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Earlysville
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No – There can only be one Starbase per System.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.