Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this relationship misprinted in the rule book? Or does "comes in to play effect" mean play an event card?

As I understand it (from the bad rules and this forum) the combination #4 (3 events) only gives you the Yi's Legacy token and nothing else. No event (comes in to play effects) are resolved for them.

In the sections for #5 (Gosu) and #6 (Scientist) it says "at least one event card" is required to trigger its majority ability. Up to this point it seems to indicate that playing combination #4 (3 events) triggers this.

Elsewhere on this forum answers to questions indicate that this event has to have an effect too.

And it says under each #5 (Gosu) and #6 (Scientist) that the the power is not triggered if you decide not to resolve the "comes in to play effects".

So does this mean the #5 (Gosu) and #6 (Scientist) majority power works only when played to the table with a majority with an event that has an effect.
Or does it also also trigger when a combination #4 (3 events) is played - even though there is no "comes in to play effect" from this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Barako
msg tools
From my understanding, using the wording you highlighted, the majority powers for the 5 card(only 1 card to be kept) and the 6 card (only 1 victory point) would take effect.

This is how I've been teaching and playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply - I was thinking that no one ever would.

So..

If you play combo 3 (1 char + 1 event), it triggers the #5 and #6 majority effect if the "comes in to play effect" is also performed.

If you play combo 4 (3 events), it does trigger any #5 and #6 majority effect once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.