Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at rebasing my minis, but I was wondering what the purpose of the clip on the back of the bases was. I've played the first scenario twice, but never used it. Does it have a purpose? Will rebasing my minis (ideally gluing them to some smaller, clear stands) make it more difficult later on, when I need to use these clip for some undisclosed purpose?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grim6 wrote:
I'm looking at rebasing my minis, but I was wondering what the purpose of the clip on the back of the bases was. I've played the first scenario twice, but never used it. Does it have a purpose? Will rebasing my minis (ideally gluing them to some smaller, clear stands) make it more difficult later on, when I need to use these clip for some undisclosed purpose?

Thanks

I believe the only purpose in 2e is the case of multiple copies of one monster, in which you clip on the little rune token to match the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's for helping identify between two identical monsters, with the little sigil tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fazakerley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grim6 wrote:

Thanks

In the 1st edition they were for the wound tokens. In this edition I've been using them for the ID tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe they will serve a function later?..read something about mutation tokens in one of the expansions rulebook...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
dojogrant wrote:
It's for helping identify between two identical monsters, with the little sigil tokens.

Do the ID-tokens actually fit in the base clip for y'all? Mine are to thin so they dont fit at all. They keep falling of, so instead I put them in the spring where the monster token was inserted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don_pers wrote:

Do the ID-tokens actually fit in the base clip for y'all? Mine are to thin so they dont fit at all. They keep falling of, so instead I put them in the spring where the monster token was inserted.

Mine fit fine. As did the monster tokens, and for the most part my minis also stand fine without glue. But then I don't store mine on their bases either, I stick the small minis in plastic storage boxes, and just plug them in during the game.

Based on the comments, I seem to be way less OCD about this or got the only properly manufactured set. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I've yet have more than one of the same monster on the board at once. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don_pers wrote:
dojogrant wrote:

So long as the wide element of the token is inserted first, they're ok. They certainly aren't snug, but they'll stay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.