The Networks» Forums » General

Subject: Solo Version - What's your best score Gil? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm really enjoying this game, but I have to say that perhaps I'm enjoying it the most as a solo experience. Ok admittedly, I generally just play with my 14 year old son, as the only group I get to game with probably only meets around 4/5 times a year & it has yet to be introduced to them.

So Gil, I was watching your solo play through, and I think you said you managed to beat the winning score by about 5 points in the solo version, but what's your best score & what would you consider a really good score anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack, you're making me go through my old spreadsheets!

The highest score I got during solo testing, once the solo version was stable, was 308.

I'm sure folks have beat that number, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, that's awesome if you don't mind me saying so.

Not sure I'll ever reach that level, but it's good to know it's possible, that and you think even higher is achievable!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enes kadioglu
Turkey
izmir
bayrakli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First solo game was finished at 294
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, that's great Enes.

Just finished my 4th solo game proper, & achieved my best score: 283. I love the burn mechanism, but I spotted one thing I should have done differently & that would have given me another 10 viewers, so I'm getting there!

Had my first 4 player game last night, and was coasting along in 4th place (purposefully), for the first half of the game whilst I was building up resources & playing Network cards (some of the Interactive ones are brilliant), moved into a close second after season 4, then stormed into first place in season 5 extending my lead in the end game. Very satisfying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Wow, that's great Enes.

Just finished my 4th solo game proper, & achieved my best score: 283. I love the burn mechanism, but I spotted one thing I should have done differently & that would have given me another 10 viewers, so I'm getting there!

Had my first 4 player game last night, and was coasting along in 4th place (purposefully), for the first half of the game whilst I was building up resources & playing Network cards (some of the Interactive ones are brilliant), moved into a close second after season 4, then stormed into first place in season 5 extending my lead in the end game. Very satisfying...

That's awesome, Paul!

Ever try going through Season 1 without picking up a show? If I ever make an "achievements" sheet for the game like Copycat or Scythe, that would be one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, I've not Gil, but I think I'll try it on my next play. In the 4 player game above I still had one (might have been two) of my original starting shows, & it definitely makes you play & think differently!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.