Subject: The perils of cosmetic facial plastic surgery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides the potential health risks, usually the main outcome of facial plastic surgery is delusion.

When we watch TV, and an old guest star-- usually female-- from the 70s or 80s comes on the screen, the first thing that my wife says is, "Wow-- she's had work done (on her face)."
Sometimes I say that it doesn't look too bad, but she normally replies with: "Look at her hands and her neck. You can tell."

I think that a little lift, here or there, can be acceptable. For instance Candice Bergen, in my opinion, is still a lovely looking woman (whom my wife says has had some surgey, but she stopped before it got too bad).
And some actors just age gracefully. Take Betty White, for example.

Then there are the complete hack jobs, that only money and delusion can buy.
Joan Rivers was infamous for having it done, but to me one of the worst is Mary Tyler Moore.
Can you tell which of these women is over 90 years old and which one is "only" 79?

It isn't restricted to females, of course.

Who do you think looks absolutely ridiculous, and probably unrecognizeable now?

Before I send it over to you, I have to mention Suzanne Somers:

It looks totally natural, Suzanne. Really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm probably not the only one to think immediately of this when I saw that photo of Mary Tyler Moore:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Dang.... and she was one of the cutest gals in show biz, too.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McChrisface
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
room for a classic?

but mostly I can only think of this from Brazil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
It might not always be the fault of too much plastic surgery. It could be a small amount, that came out badly. Betty white has had plastic surgery, but her face still looks like her, just without the sagging skin that a "normal" 90 year old would have (I think that the photo of her has also been photoshopped some, in other photos I've seen some wrinkles on her, but she still looks great for her age). MTM looks like a creepy doll of herself as Justin pointed out. Maybe Moore had too much done, or maybe her surgeon wasn't as talented, or whatever.

I mostly feel bad for actors and actresses whose looks are ruined by plastic surgery. Every day, everybody who sees them will see their weird looks, when they were trying for just the opposite. They must be miserable over it. Can you imagine going in just to have your sagging skin taken out, and after you get out your looks are ruined forever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Vanity/pride is the most annoying of the seven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
At 47, I've started snoring for the first time. Without me telling her, my dentist guessed it, which was surprising to me (that she guessed it) but it shouldn't have been.

I said: why is this happening? Because I've put on a little weight (about 10 lbs in the past two years)?

She said: well, we all get sagging tissues when we get older (evidently sagging throat tissue is causing my snoring). This news was far more depressing to me that is should have been. Also, the snoring is annoying my wife.

So I was wondering if there was plastic surgery for this... (half kidding)zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
For the first time in 108 years, the Cubs are world champions! Incredible game 7 victory over a valiant Cleveland team.
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget the plastic surgery. Get a sleep study done and see if you need a CPAP. Snoring can be symptomatic of sleep deprivation which could cut years off your life and lead to many health problems. Plus, your wife will also sleep better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor Charlize Theron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.