GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 113.29

6,943 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.8% of Goal | left

Support:

??????? ???????
Colombia
flag msg tools
So I bought the game yesterday, and tried it out with my friend. We ran into hiccup and need of clarification:

1. Bison's Counter Attack: His counter-attack states "Put a Hero in your discard pile or in play under your Super Heroe." When I revealed the boss stage to win the stage and followed the rules, I realized that I didn't have a hero in my discard pile or in play at all. We looked at the rules of what happened if a counter-attack can't be resolved and couldn't find it. So we agreed that it was "resolved" and I won the stage. So my question is this:

If a counter-attack can't be resolved like M. Bison's Super hero Counter-Attack, when winning a stage card, does it get resolved and I win the stage? or do I draw a new Super Hero to resolve it?

This also had me thinking of another question:

2. Does the Line-Up area count as "in game"? If so, then what I could have done is pick a hero from the line-up, and resolve M Bison's Counter Attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
1. The "put a Hero..." is an effect, not a cost. If you have a Hero, you lose it. If you don't, no worries. You avoid it.

2. The Line-Up is not controlled by a player, so you would not put a Hero from there under your Super Hero either.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I call that whiffing the Counter-Attack in my logs. Also worth keeping those effects in mind when going for an Attack against another player, in case he has his Ultra for Counter-Attack, best to use your Attack (if possible) when the Counter-Attack has no effect on you (saves you a Defense card), like keep your heroes in hand until you've played your Attack(s) against M. Bison, assuming you have none in your discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.