4 Posts

Stratego Conquest» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of doubts about the game rules. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pier Desuna
Mexico
flag msg tools
Hi, a friend finally got this game from Netherlands, so the rule book cames in dutch and french. I've studied french, but there are few words that I still can't understand, so we don't know exactly how some rules work.

1.- The scout unit: as I understood it in the french rules it can move along occupied zones, but the english version of the rulebook says the opposite "the scout can move across any number of UNoccupied zones". So if anyone could tell me exactly how it works it'd be great.

2.- The cities that gives you an extra movement: you must have an unit on the city's zone? Or you can have an unit just in a part of the controled territory and still get the bonus move? i.e.: There are 3 zones per territory (X, Y and Z) and it has the city on the "Y" zone. So, if I have an unit on the "X" zone (and nobody else has an unit on that territory, of course) do I get the extra movement? Or should I get my unit on the "Y" (where the city is) zone in order to get the bonus move?

I thought I had another doubt, but I think those are all for the moment.

Thanks for your attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Scout unit - The English rules are correct. As in traditional Stratego, the scout can move through any number of unoccuppied spaces.

2. City bonuses - you only have to control the territory, not the specific space showing the city icon. The territory tokens can help you remember this rule because the city icon is on the territory token. As long as you have that token (because you have control of the territory), you get the city bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier Desuna
Mexico
flag msg tools
Black Canyon wrote:
1. Scout unit - The English rules are correct. As in traditional Stratego, the scout can move through any number of unoccuppied spaces.

2. City bonuses - you only have to control the territory, not the specific space showing the city icon. The territory tokens can help you remember this rule because the city icon is on the territory token. As long as you have that token (because you have control of the territory), you get the city bonus.

And when a territory is in contest who gets the city bonus? The one who has a unit on the zone with city? Or nobody gets to use the bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Randomiz3 wrote:
Black Canyon wrote:

And when a territory is in contest who gets the city bonus? The one who has a unit on the zone with city? Or nobody gets to use the bonus?

No one gets the bonus because no one would have the territory token. When a territory is contested, no one has control of it and therefore no one would get the bonus.

Attacking city territories is a good way to hamstring your opponents because it greatly reduces their mobility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.