48.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Matthew Beach
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello fellow investigators,

Been really enjoying this game over the last few days. Here's a question I had regarding sight tokens. Several tiles such as the Street 2 tile contain sight tokens on three edges. When you tap the tokens in the app it says that an investigator "...in the street 2 may reveal the adjacent area." The tile "Street 2" is comprised of two spaces, one space has a sight token to the East of the tile and the South of the tile, while the other space has a sight token on the West edge.

I'm reading the instructions that an investigator on any space in the Street 2 outdoor room (essentially the whole tile in this case) may choose any of the three sight tokens to reveal as they choose as the only condition is that they are "in Street 2". They may do none, one or all three as they desire as this doesn't requre an action.

The other way of interpreting this is that you may only revel sight tokens that share the border of the actual space you are in, similar to revealing an exploration token with the exception of not requiring an action. This would mean an investigator standing outside the hotel door could only revel sight to the West. If they wanted to revel the South and/or East edge they would have to spend a movement point to move to the other space.

This same wording is used on several tiles in this scenario.

Has this question come up in anybody else's plays sessions and how did you interpret it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you with the two interpretations, I just wanted to say thanks for posting this question as I now realise I have been inspecting sight tokens wrong, I didn't realise that they don't require an action, no wonder I was struggling progressing through the streets of Innsmouth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
MBeach wrote:
Hello fellow investigators,

Been really enjoying this game over the last few days. Here's a question I had regarding sight tokens. Several tiles such as the Street 2 tile contain sight tokens on three edges. When you tap the tokens in the app it says that an investigator "...in the street 2 may reveal the adjacent area." The tile "Street 2" is comprised of two spaces, one space has a sight token to the East of the tile and the South of the tile, while the other space has a sight token on the West edge.

I'm reading the instructions that an investigator on any space in the Street 2 outdoor room (essentially the whole tile in this case) may choose any of the three sight tokens to reveal as they choose as the only condition is that they are "in Street 2". They may do none, one or all three as they desire as this doesn't requre an action.

The other way of interpreting this is that you may only revel sight tokens that share the border of the actual space you are in, similar to revealing an exploration token with the exception of not requiring an action. This would mean an investigator standing outside the hotel door could only revel sight to the West. If they wanted to revel the South and/or East edge they would have to spend a movement point to move to the other space.

This same wording is used on several tiles in this scenario.

Has this question come up in anybody else's plays sessions and how did you interpret it?

I think the rules are clear. An investigator in the mentioned room (aka. tile in this case) can reveal as many sight tokens he wants to without spending actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He can also choose to not look. Think of it as the investigators sneaking around and not making themselves obvious (since sometimes when you do look, there are creatures there waiting for you).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Beach
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks all. That's what seems to make the most sense. I see after a few plays why it pays to not reveal as much as possible. It adds a pretty cool stealth element to this scenario.

Glad my question helped you Steve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.