GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 78.69

5,307 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

haim benisty
msg tools
Hi!

I have the 1st edition Mansions of Madness + Call of the wild.

If I'll buy the 2nd edition, Can I use the tiles and characters from the 1st edition products I already have to a one big expended game? If so, how it can be mixed properly?

I've searched the forum for a proper answer but didn't quite find one clear answer.

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Ružičić
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. In the Mansions of Madness Figure and Tile Collections announcement FFG says:

Quote:

Combined with the Mansions of Madness Second Edition Conversion Kit, each of these Figure and Tile Collections will give players access to a brand new scenario, which will focus on the monsters and characters from that collection. If you already have the First Edition components, no need to pick up the Collections. You can use your existing pieces to play the new scenarios when they release this fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Haim6130 wrote:
Hi!

I have the 1st edition Mansions of Madness + Call of the wild.

If I'll buy the 2nd edition, Can I use the tiles and characters from the 1st edition products I already have to a one big expended game? If so, how it can be mixed properly?

I've searched the forum for a proper answer but didn't quite find one clear answer.

Thanks a lot!

Short answer: Yes.

Take the tiles, investigators and monsters from 1st Edition MoM and Call of the Wild and mix them into the existing 2nd edition pool.

In the app, go to options and let the program know that you have 1st edition MoM and Call of the Wild components.

The app will then all those components to its database when choosing new items to generate as you play. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haim benisty
msg tools
That's just GREAT!

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haim benisty
msg tools
I have a question and I don't want to open a new thread so I'll ask here.

I downloaded the app, add the MoM and CotW products, but there are still 4 scenarios.

1. Is supposed to be other scenarios because of previous products?
2. FFG will release more scenarios over time?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haim6130 wrote:
I have a question and I don't want to open a new thread so I'll ask here.

I downloaded the app, add the MoM and CotW products, but there are still 4 scenarios.

1. Is supposed to be other scenarios because of previous products?
2. FFG will release more scenarios over time?

Thanks a lot!

Just the four scenarios for the moment however they will add 1 additional scenario for 1st edition core box and another call Call of the wild this Autumn. It might be worth picking up Forbidden Alchamy if you see it for a good price as whilst they have not announced any mission for it at the moment you will still get those monsters added to the monster pool and the tiles are likely to appear in alternate layouts in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.