Hide
10 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Evil Mon Mothma rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chiddicks
msg tools
I turned Mon Mothma to the Dark Side in a game yesterday and it proved a very good move.

She'd been moving around the board creating Rebel loyalty in places it was almost never worth resisting with a leader individually, but I decided to put a stop to it anyway. Once she changed sides I had her carry on doing exactly the same job, but for me. This was a surprisingly bad blow to the rebellion, who could now only change loyalty by wasting a much more flexible leader - I recommend it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to protect her. Luckily it's not that hard to do since most of her missions aren't on enemy worlds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
I captured her on 2nd turn today, kept her locked whole game, then carbonite, which baited jedi luke, which got captured right away, which got turned to the dark side next turn. Was a mean turn of events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a "solo" game a while ago where Mon Mothma was also caught and turned to the dark side. It was very terrible, because she's better than Janus Grejatus and this frees up Palpatine to do attacks with his fleet value.

After that the Empire turns more or less to Leia for diplomacy missions... until she gets caught. I think once it's at that point the rebels are scraping for characters good enough to convince people to join their cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yup, losing her is a body blow for the rebels. But you can still win - it just makes it harder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
She's incredibly useful to the Rebels, and not bad for the Empire, either. My friends always try to lure Luke, Leia, Han, or Chewie, but I think Mothma might be the best asset that the Imp player can take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Lawson
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Mon Mothma is second only to Jedi Luke on the list of priority targets for Lure of the Dark Side. The only problem is that she tends to go on missions on neutral planets, so she can be harder to capture. Definitely worth it if the opportunity presents itself though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's an extra bit of clever strategy in the game which is so much deeper than it looks. Keep her safe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
She's a good target for capture in general.

She has no Spec Ops skill icons to aid resisting capture. Plus no Spec Ops or Intel skill icons to aid resisting most of the missions that target a captured leader.

I've seen the added benefit in that she is one of the few Rebel leaders with a logistics skill. Reducing the Rebel's options for logistics skill missions can hurt and force them to make some tough decisions. Having Mothma captured and detaining Reikan on the turn before you suspect the Rebels will Rapid Mobilization can win games if they haven't recruited Lando or Akbar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ability to choke people without touching them is insignificant to the power of diplomacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.