Mascarade Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Actress power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Krivosheev
United States
California
flag msg tools
"If a player has played the Necromancer or the Usurper, it’s that character who is copied,
and not the card revealed by the Necromancer or the one chosen by the Usurper"

Sorry - sounds a little confusing - what means "who is copied" - so Actress should use Usurper or Necromancer power? Then at least in Usurper case i still can be card chosen by Usurper.
To me it seems that "character who is copied" equals revealed and chosen cards by Necromancer or Usurper?

Any examples? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think you got it backwards, but an example will be better:

One player plays the necromancer. He reveals the first card in the graveyard. It's the king. That player takes three coins.

The next player plays the actress. He copies the necromancer. This means he does not copy the king. Instead, he reveals the first card of the graveyard and uses whatever power shows up.

Second case:

One player plays the usurper. He chooses anither player, let's say the one to his right. The usurper guesses that his chosen player is the king. He's right. The usurper takes three coins.

The next player plays the actress. Once again he copies the usurper and not the king. He knows for sure that the player sitting two spaces to the right is the king, but he's not interested. The actress (copying the usurper power) chooses a completely different player and guesses he's the alchemist. The actress is right, so he uses the power of the alchemist.

_____

Bonus: the next player says he's the actress too! Since the last played character is the actress, he copies the character chosen by that previous actress. That would be the usurper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.