Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Correia
Portugal
Nazaré
Leiria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After my first play and having played quite often the Base Game, seems to me that probably the best way to score solo with the expansion included is:

To Win:

- Score at least 1 more than half of the points from the base game missions
- Score at least 1 more than half of the points from the non-explorable missions

Then:

Easy mode: the explorable missions don't add to the final tally of points needed to score, but if you accomplish them, they count to help achieving the needed points for the non-explorable missions.

Hard mode: if a non-explorable mission requires you to survey a certain location, then that explorable mission will add to the needed score for the outer planets score.

All of this respecting the point cap depending on the difficulty chosen.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Good
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to say I have just continued to play with the original solo method and it's not made things significantly harder (more frustrating yes but not harder!)

I nearly won my last game in 1982 until I scanned Europa and realised it had a thin crust with an ocean and put another 16 points on the table with not enough time to complete any more missions! If only it had said advanced probe!!!!

Pip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Correia
Portugal
Nazaré
Leiria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rosepip wrote:
Have to say I have just continued to play with the original solo method and it's not made things significantly harder (more frustrating yes but not harder!)

I nearly won my last game in 1982 until I scanned Europa and realised it had a thin crust with an ocean and put another 16 points on the table with not enough time to complete any more missions! If only it had said advanced probe!!!!

Pip

My issue with that scoring, is that it doesn't necessarily make you go for the outer planets missions, sure, probably most of the times you'll need to make some missions, but you can just go for big score on the base game, and leave the outer planets quite un-explored.

How do you deal with the explorable missions, you only count the ones you reveal, or another method?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skipper 2206
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Need to see this thread..

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1586180/solitaire-scoring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.