4 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Negate damage/horror that includes flipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Scott
msg tools
Some damage/horror attacks read as:

"Take 1 damage (reduced by STR) and flip one damage card." (I'm paraphrasing).

If you reduce the damage to zero, do you still flip a card (assuming you had damage cards previously flipped face down)?

I'm tempted to house rule this as if you negate the damage, you don't flip the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You reduce the damage / horror taken with the dice. You then flip cards if you have any. You do not negate the flip.

This is mentioned in the reference guide but I don't have it in front of me to quote the page number at the moment sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Test section on page 18 of the reference states that
Quote:
Effects that are dependent on a test are preceded by “if you pass” or “if you fail.” Any effect in that sentence occurs only if the investigator passes or fails the test, respectively. Any effect after the period or part of a new paragraph is independent from previous effects.

So if the text that states you must flip a card is separate according to the above definition, you must do it regardless of whether the Horror or Damage was negated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
The Test section on page 18 of the reference states that
Quote:
Effects that are dependent on a test are preceded by “if you pass” or “if you fail.” Any effect in that sentence occurs only if the investigator passes or fails the test, respectively. Any effect after the period or part of a new paragraph is independent from previous effects.

So if the text that states you must flip a card is separate according to the above definition, you must do it regardless of whether the Horror or Damage was negated.

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.