Shadowrun: Crossfire – High Caliber Ops» Forums » Rules

Subject: Freefire For All - Staggered Runners rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A situation which arose playing free for all for the first time.

When an obstacle has attacked, you can pay 1 nuyen for it to apply damage to another obstacle as per the rules. Does this still apply if that runner is staggered or even critical?

Tonight I played as though it was okay when staggered - due to the following:
- The SC rule book explicitly states what you cannot do when staggered, non of which are related to the action here
- It is not explicitly denied on the FFA mission card or in the HCO manual

I took it however that a critical runner could not, as per the rules the critical runner takes no further part in the game.

Any opinions appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Evian
Germany
flag msg tools
Re: Free For All - Staggered Runners
I would play the same. A critical runner takes no more actions during the game. The team begins the abort run if allowed, or loses immediately.

Freefire-For-All
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - glad to see a similar thought. It seems the logic answer but always interested if the designers happen to be floating around, what their intention was.

I've corrected the title as you are correct, the mission is Freefire for all, not free for all as originally written

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that if you can pay and aren't Critical, then it's legal.

Of course, if that happens, you're still facing at least two total obstacles (collectively, as a team), and only have a chance that the obstacle that just knocked you to Staggered will also take a pot shot at the other obstacle that's still up.

(aka: good luck next turn)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.