Hide
8 Posts

Castles of Mad King Ludwig» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring of connected entrances rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Sonntag
msg tools
Hi, I have a (hopefully simple) question about scoring the connected room bonuses. English is not my native langage and I find the rules unclear on this specific point (even though it doesn't come up often in games).

In this situation :

Does the player score 8 or 10 points ? In other words, should you count the number of "good" doorways connections or the number of "good" rooms connected ?

Thank you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kalomiris
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you only would score 3 points: 2 for the new outdoor room and an extra 1 point for the existing outdoor room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eight, it is rooms, not doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pdk1971 wrote:
I'm pretty sure you only would score 3 points: 2 for the new outdoor room and an extra 1 point for the existing outdoor room.

Right, if the bottom room is just placed, it scores three points in addition to the five that were scored on a previous turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Sonntag
msg tools
downeymb wrote:
pdk1971 wrote:

Right, if the bottom room is just placed, it scores three points in addition to the five that were scored on a previous turn.

I'm obviously talking about the total of the 2 green rooms, I'm not that delusional.

And thanks for your previous answer, even though it means my solo record stays at 116
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the $20K in marks for completing two outdoor rooms simultaneously!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Yates
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
Eight, it is rooms, not doors.

The instructions could certainly be clearer here though.

Quote:
Many room types provide "connected" points if entrances from the current room are connected to entrances of rooms of specific types

There is nothing there that says that you score only once per room, or really even that you score more if connected to more than one room of a given type.

Its seems intuitive that it would be once per room, but after several plays someone noted that the rule states that the bonuses are scored when entrances are connected. It did cause us to question our original reading because the case can be made that you get points for each properly connected entrance, and not for each room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is neither programming code nor a legal document. Treat them with common sense and you will most likely be correct.

This is a good rule of them for most/all game rule books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.