Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Will the promo cards be available on BGG? I purchased the game on preorder with pickup at gencon but only received 1 promo card and would like to be able to get the other one as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ErnieB wrote:
Will the promo cards be available on BGG? I purchased the game on preorder with pickup at gencon but only received 1 promo card and would like to be able to get the other one as well.
i purchased direct from the manufacturer, so will they be in my order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I'll print more during the second print run.

Sorry I'm sure what happened wasn't intentional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The promo was just for Gencon. At some point I was operating under the belief that I would need help getting people to the booth.

I will be printing more in the next print run. The promos were designed after we were done designing the game and printed recently with a POD. The ones from the factory will look closer.

I probably won't do a promo again, I didn't realize how the community would respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
I probably won't do a promo again, I didn't realize how some ofthe community would respond.

FTFY. Some of us are happy to get what we were promised and don't feel we're automatically entitled to more 'just because'.

Thank you for your efforts. Looking forward to the game and blowing people's minds with it. ("What do you mean you play as THE CAVE?")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough and thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
Yeah I'll print more during the second print run.

Sorry I'm sure what happened wasn't intentional.
so, other than GenCon there are no promos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Promos irritate me when I can't get them. If there is a convention promo, it leaves out a lot of players. If the covnention promo then winds up on the BGG store, everything is roses. I think most people feel that way.

However, you're getting grief cuz the new buyers at the con got two extra cards that the KS backers didn't get even though the KS backers didn't even get their game yet. I would probably join in that grief normally but you've already said they WILL be available in the future at the BGG store, so the bigger probem is making the cards the same size (aka learn the lesson to never get cards for the same game made at two different places)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Which will be easy to pull off during the reprint.

I had intended to ship before Gencon but there was that issue where the depot pulled most of the boxes back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Must've gone through them fast, picked up my copy of Vast on Saturday and didn't have any promos unless they were in the box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep sorry.

Even our best prediction put us at 300 copies sold and we had 500 when we started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
Yep sorry.

Even our best prediction put us at 300 copies sold and we had 500 when we started.

Wow... well congrats! My daughter and I were happy just to get a copy, we were told as soon as we showed up late Friday night that Vast was the one to get, and we went there straight after opening day Saturday.

No worries on the promos--I am glad to see your hard work on this title is paying off in popularity!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blayne Miley
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
It was great to pickup the promos at Gen Con. I did notice on mine that the purple backing of the promo cards is a slightly different shade than the purple backing of the other treasure cards, making it possible to discern whether the next treasure card is one of the promos or not. Perhaps the same issue won't be present on the reprint. Still glad to have them, so thank you for the bonus at Gen Con!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, dang! I was at GenCon and picked up a copy but didn't get any promos I did it wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.