48.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's pretty clear in the rules that Zeds Placement Pressure and Zeds Movement Pressure are only used in the co-op and versus game. I get that it's a way to counterbalance the additional actions available to the players in those games.

But it still feels a little weird to completely ignore those symbols given how frequently they appear. But when I play a solitaire game, that's what I'm supposed to be doing, right? Ignoring them? Those scary little Zs mean absolutely nothing for me and I just carry on as if they never existed. Right?

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore them! In a multi player game you have more actions and thus the Zed Pressure is needed to help balance out the game. I've been playing the directors cut and have won once! Thank Dr. Martenuse that you don't use those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TomChick wrote:
So it's pretty clear in the rules that Zeds Placement Pressure and Zeds Movement Pressure are only used in the co-op and versus game. I get that it's a way to counterbalance the additional actions available to the players in those games.

But it still feels a little weird to completely ignore those symbols given how frequently they appear. But when I play a solitaire game, that's what I'm supposed to be doing, right? Ignoring them? Those scary little Zs mean absolutely nothing for me and I just carry on as if they never existed. Right?

-Tom

Hi from Germany.

I handle this topic slightly differently. Why ignoring a game system element adding so much thrill and challenges?

In solo play I use 1 Player Action counter at start.
That's good for 1 extra action but does not trigger any "pressure" regarding Zeds extra movement and extra reinforcements.

As I incorporated 7 additional heroes (gorgeous and great fighters (GGF)), they will show up during game play (hopefully rather sooner than later). Because they are quite powerful, the moment they show up, I get more Player Action markers AND the "pressure" also enters the solo play.

1 GGF: Total of 1 Player Action counter.
2 GGF: Total of 2 Player Action counters & "Pressure" = 1
3 GGF: Total of 3 player Action counters & "Pressure" = 2
4+ GGF: Total of 4 Player Action counters & "Pressure" = 3.

This way, the "Pressure" is also included in the Solo game play.

It works.

In case you do not have any GGF (yet?), one option would be to apply this system taking the number of heroes available at the same time in a Solo game.

1 Hero: Total of 1 Player Action counter.
2 Heroes: Total of 2 Player Action counters & "Pressure" = 1
3 Heroes: Total of 3 player Action counters & "Pressure" = 2
4+ Heroes: Total of 4 Player Action counters & "Pressure" = 3.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
But don't you have an option to take more than one Player Action in the solitaire game?

I thought that once you took more than one Player Action, you then start playing the Zeds Pressure as if you have that many players in the game with you.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
But don't you have an option to take more than one Player Action in the solitaire game?

I thought that once you took more than one Player Action, you then start playing the Zeds Pressure as if you have that many players in the game with you.

Right?

The question is: When do you opt for this? Right at start? During the game? Can you change your mind and change the #(Player Actions) accordingly?

My system generates the #(Player Actions) based on one specific parameter value: #(my heroes in play).
That's simple and it automatically provides a balancing element for both sides.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I reckon there's nothing stopping you from changing mid-game (as soon as you get the extra action, you stop ignoring the pressure events), but selecting the player actions is, per the game set up, right at the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I reckon there's nothing stopping you from changing mid-game (as soon as you get the extra action, you stop ignoring the pressure events), but selecting the player actions is, per the game set up, right at the beginning.

We change the number of Players (and Player Actions available each turn) as players come and go during play. It's a wide-open variable that you can change turn-by-turn without breaking the game.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.