Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I know if a weapon increase is permanent or not? Apparently, the pistol starting item is clearly temporary, so does this mean the bottle is permanent? (in which case, why not just use both cubes right away?) If bottle is temporary, why doesnt it say so like it does for the pistol?

What about the discovery token that increases weapon level? It uses the same exact symbol as the bottle does, so I assume the bottle and the discovery token either both permanently increase weapon level, or both temporarily do.

Since for the pistol, "temporarily" is specifically stated, I assume the bottle and discovery token are permanent, however, this would mean after 1 round I would be at weapon level 3 which seems too good to be true...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
bassman211 wrote:
How do I know if a weapon increase is permanent or not? Apparently, the pistol starting item is clearly temporary, so does this mean the bottle is permanent? (in which case, why not just use both cubes right away?) If bottle is temporary, why doesnt it say so like it does for the pistol?

What about the discovery token that increases weapon level? It uses the same exact symbol as the bottle does, so I assume the bottle and the discovery token either both permanently increase weapon level, or both temporarily do.

Since for the pistol, "temporarily" is specifically stated, I assume the bottle and discovery token are permanent, however, this would mean after 1 round I would be at weapon level 3 which seems too good to be true...

Thanks!
Yes, both the bottle and discovery token are permanent. Hooray, something went your way! It's the last time it will happen in the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Lesperance
United States
Northville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are permanent, yes. As for strategy...

Group 1: Breaks bottle twice. Weapon level 2. Fights beast with strength 1. Suffers no damage. Weapon level drops by 2. There's a fertile plain that can be harvested - but only if the team has weapon level 1+. They cannot harvest and eventually starve.

Group 2: Weapon level 0. Encounters same beast. Breaks bottle once. Weapon level 1. Suffers no damage. Weapon level drops by 2. Can't. So weapon level drops to 0 and the hunter takes 1 damage. There's a fertile plain that can be harvested - but only if the team has weapon level 1+. They break the bottle again. Weapon level is now 1. They harvest and barely survive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I forgot that weapon level decreases like that.

Now I understand.

THanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.