Subject: A couple questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Burrows
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Greetings all,

We just received our copy of BP and opened it up last night. After a quick glance at the manual, we saw many things that didn't read easily. With no experience with BP or the original Zombicide I figured I would ask everyone here.

1-We wondered how to exactly set up the vaults. Do you just place one vault item in each location and you are done? Would be fun to add an XP item I would suppose, but I don't want to do this if this isn't the norm.

2-If your last spawn card is a dreaded, "Double Spawn," would this be enforced on the next zombie spawn phase?

3-If you are in a building and can see a zombie in the street zone outside through a door, you can fire a ranged combat or magic combat action per the rules.

4-Does Samson's Iron Hide protect vs Abomination, or it is like standard armor rules and nothing blocks an attack from them?

5-If the Necromancer is already spawned on the board and you draw a card to spawn them, does this just go as an immediate activation for these two zombie heroes or something else?

Sorry for so many questions, but figured I would ask a bunch at once. After sitting there and playing with the drab grey sculpts I decided I had to have them painted. I have no experience in this, but after watching a few tutorials I jumped in and have been painting away. There must be a better way because I got 19 base coats done in a day and that isn't including the figure base! I am making them all different though as I don't want everything to look the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soldiermedic1331 wrote:
1-We wondered how to exactly set up the vaults. Do you just place one vault item in each location and you are done? Would be fun to add an XP item I would suppose, but I don't want to do this if this isn't the norm.

Follow the instructions within the Quest to set up Vaults. For example, in Quest 0, just place the Vault, there is no artifact (or anything else) in it. Other quests will tell you what goes into the Vaults if they are included.

The most common thing is for one random Vault Artifact to be in each Vault. If you only have the base game, then you only have two Artifacts and will be using the same two each time, although other sets (like the NPC ones) will give you more variety.

Quote:
2-If your last spawn card is a dreaded, "Double Spawn," would this be enforced on the next zombie spawn phase?

No. You go back to the start of the sequence (either the first room of the building you spawned or the first token you spawned for in the End Phase) and draw two more cards for that Zone. Further Double Spawns will continue through the same sequence you used in the first pass.

Quote:
3-If you are in a building and can see a zombie in the street zone outside through a door, you can fire a ranged combat or magic combat action per the rules.

Yes, provided the door borders the room you are in. If you are in the second room away from the door, then you cannot see out the door, you can only see into that first room.

If you are in the first room, the Zombie might even be further down the street, or even in the first room of another building if this lines up with your line of sight out the door.

Note that this is not true of Vault Doors, which do block line of sight into and out of the Vault.

Quote:
4-Does Samson's Iron Hide protect vs Abomination, or it is like standard armor rules and nothing blocks an attack from them?

Samson's Iron Hide follows all Armor rules, including being ignored by Abominations.

Quote:
5-If the Necromancer is already spawned on the board and you draw a card to spawn them, does this just go as an immediate activation for thee two zombie heroes or something else?

To resolve this situation, you activate the Necromancer once and that's it. I'm not sure what you mean by 'two zombie heroes'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

1) It depends on the quest rules. If the Quest set-up tells you to put a Vault Item in the Vault, you do so. Otherwise, the Vault is empty. You could put an XP item in the Vault if you wish, those are relatively minor/useless items, as long as they aren't required for the Quest.

2) Its in the rulebook, but what you do is you 'roll over' back to the first spawn point and draw two more cards for the first spawn point. To clarify, this is in the same/current turn, not the next turn.

3) Yes. From inside a building room that has a door, you can see and shoot out of it. conversely, you can see and shoot into the first room (the room the door leads to) from a street zone.

4) No, it is like normal armor unless it says otherwise, and so is useless vs Abominations.

5) It is an immediate activation for the necromancer, advancing him closer to the exit spawn point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvang wrote:
5) It is an immediate activation for the necromancer, advancing him closer to the exit spawn point.

Or instead attacking a Survivor if there is one in the Necromancer's space.

I've lost games due to a Necromancer getting extra activations and killing a Survivor in an 'all Survivor' mission. That was a humiliating way to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, necromancers do attack instead of moving if there is a Survivor in their zone. Sometimes, though, that is the only way to keep them from moving off the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Lundgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
dvang wrote:
True, necromancers do attack instead of moving if there is a Survivor in their zone. Sometimes, though, that is the only way to keep them from moving off the table.

I must have missed this rule when I taught myself to play, not sure if it would have been applicable ever though. But it's neat! I'll keep that in mind as a last ditch effort when I play next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. We've had it happen a couple times where the necro cant be sniped out, or there was no Survivor with ranged attacks to kill him. So, in desperation you can run into the spawn zone with him to keep him from leaving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
dvang wrote:
Yeah. We've had it happen a couple times where the necro cant be sniped out, or there was no Survivor with ranged attacks to kill him. So, in desperation you can run into the spawn zone with him to keep him from leaving.
There could be a GG answer that makes this wrong, but my understanding is that while a necro will attack players if in the room with them he will leave the board of in a room with players AND his escape zone.

Pg 30 - A Necromancer escapes the board as soon as he activates on his escape zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I had not noticed that particular mention in the rulebook. Seems a bit off to me that it might suggest completely ignoring the existing rules mechanics for how necromancers act. I mean, otherwise why don't necromancer s always leave regardless if there is a player in the zone? It is more consistent with the rest of the necromancer rules that a Necromancer's zone must be clear for them to be able to move/leave ... exit zone or not. If there is a PC in the zone. I'll have to recheck the rulebook and online for any clarification before I make a change to how we interpret this, as playing using this interpretation just feels like a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.