33.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had this game sitting on my shelf unplayed for months and tonight I wanted to play something... but I was really too tired to think (back to back 12 hour days will do that to you). Something about this game was just calling to me tonight- maybe it was the name ('home to bed', that sounds just so lovely!) or possibly it was that if you can read the rules for yourself, you're really too old for it.

Speaking of the rules, they are in story form- quite a charming little story to be read aloud so that everybody will know how to play. The board is small and nicely illustrated with pictures from the books (Shepard illustrations, not Disney) but the text is still large enough to be able to read easily.

For very small children, this would be a good learning tool for directions of up, down, left and right. It is not entirely based on luck- two sides of the six sided die are 'decision' meaning that you get to choose which way you go.

Set up time is almost nothing and putting it away is just as fast and easy. The player markers are large chunky statues of characters- Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger and the wooden die is very large as well with line drawings of the characters as well as the direction word. The die shaker is a small ceramic 'Hunny Pot' which is totally unneccessary but very cute.

While the statues are nicely made and painted, they are not very good renditions of the Shepard illustrations- the best that can be said is that they resemble the characters somewhat and look nothing like the Disney cartoons at all.

'Game play' is simple in the extreme. Roll the die, move in the direction it tells you to the next sign post... lather, rinse, repeat... until you eventually end up at "Home". There are a couple of variations in another thread that make it a little more complicated which might be good for older children (the 6-8 age group).

But if you're really really tired and want to play a game before bed anyway, this might be a good choice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.