47.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea if we might get expansions with new or additional boards to trek across? Three sides of the board are occupied, so it'd have to either attach to the bottom or be reached through warp points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2E used board overlays, not board additions (ala Arkham/Talisman/Eldritch).

I don't have the line handy, but I vague remember something in the rules speaking to future terrain types, so it is all but a certainty some kind of addition/replacement for the board will come.

I eagerly await the first big box expansion news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suspect that we either get a new board, or perhaps a southern addition, since the current board seems to have have room at the bottom for something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
I would suspect that we either get a new board, or perhaps a southern addition, since the current board seems to have have room at the bottom for something new.

Though two of the more interesting cities in the Runebound universe that are not covered by the current map (Greyhaven and Nerekhall) are to the north.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
youperguy wrote:

Though two of the more interesting cities in the Runebound universe that are not covered by the current map (Greyhaven and Nerekhall) are to the north.

Where does the interesting element come into this? Nerekhall I understand, what with the Descent expansion set there, but where was Greyhaven fleshed out? Another Descent expansion?

As an ex-2E player I appreciate the 3E map is comparatively zoomed in, and this does allow for small board additions, but I'll be a touch sad if that's what they address first. I'm really not expecting a direct port, but a spiritual successor to Sands of Al-Kalim is what I'm most eager to hear (and by "spiritual successor" I'm not even evoking theme, but creativity).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:

Where does the interesting element come into this?

Magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
As an ex-2E player I appreciate the 3E map is comparatively zoomed in, and this does allow for small board additions, but I'll be a touch sad if that's what they address first. I'm really not expecting a direct port, but a spiritual successor to Sands of Al-Kalim is what I'm most eager to hear (and by "spiritual successor" I'm not even evoking theme, but creativity).

How about 'Frozen Wastes'... you know... aliens occupying Terrinoth and Heroes have to rescue tha space princess... or something like that.
That was great storytelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

How about 'Frozen Wastes'... you know... aliens occupying Terrinoth and Heroes have to rescue tha space princess... or something like that.

And whenever you move, the ice makes you slide one extra hex in the same direction.

Which is a long way when each hex represents about 50km of terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Cuthailion wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

And whenever you move, the ice makes you slide one extra hex in the same direction.

Which is a long way when each hex represents about 50km of terrain.

Markets flooded with ice skates?

I'm in only if there's an option to tie in some characters from Frozen (after all FFG and Disney tag along rather well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems with an ice and winter theme expansion... and the characters would be welcome... (dunno about the yeti).

It was just the thing about the aliens... everytime I hear about a classical fantasy game going science fiction I get the impressions they have no new ideas.
But FFG seems to have abandoned that plot anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've loved sci-fi/fantasy crossovers ever since seeing the D&D module Expedition to the Barrier Peaks as a kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
I've loved sci-fi/fantasy crossovers ever since seeing the D&D module Expedition to the Barrier Peaks as a kid.

Same, but for me, it was this: Talisman Timescape (I was 10 at the time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm selling all my Runebound IP stuff if they bring back the Frozen Wastes. Wouldn't be able to withstand the shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:

Adventures in Blackmoor for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.