The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Storage? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonard Leonardo
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know it's very new and it might be early to ask this question, but how does everyone plan to pack and store this game. Do you plan to keep it all the boxes and packaging, or do you plan to get/make a special organizer for it? (or you don't care and just put it all in one box)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, no idea, maybe one of those plastic containers on wheels?

I'm only kind of joking, my next big KS is Dark Souls and I think that's going to have the same issue!

I'm planning to paint it all up (I'll finish Blood Rage this year I swear!) and the thought of just bagging everything up makes me twitch (though I do it with XCOM).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Leonardo
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

I'm only kind of joking, my next big KS is Dark Souls and I think that's going to have the same issue!

I'm planning to paint it all up (I'll finish Blood Rage this year I swear!) and the thought of just bagging everything up makes me twitch (though I do it with XCOM).

Same. I have no problem. Bagging up retail games, but the KS ones with exclusives kinda makes me uneasy. I might get a tool box for components and just keep the original packaging on my shelf but I feel that's in inelegant solution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hausig
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the Broken Token organizer for Blood Rage since it let me fit everything into the box. There is no way one box will hold everything for The Others and there are no organizers available yet.

I may try to build some trays from foamcore and use the core box, Apocalypse box and if needed the sins boxes for storage. If possible, I'm hoping to use additional boxes only for sin specific components so that everything else used in the game fits in the core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the tiles, hero cards, and acolyte cards are in my main box. The bagged tokens, cards, and dice went in the core box as well.

I kept Pride in the clamshell it came in, and then bagged Sloth with the core set abominations. Sloth is pretty substantial, as are its abominations. I bagged my heroes, and all acolytes. I used a team box for all of those figures. Since there's nothing heavy in there to crush each other, I figure this is a decent option for the time being.

So I have the core with all things cardboard and accessory, a team box with the acolytes and core sins, the 5 extra sins separate in their own boxes, and then the apocalypse box for those figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Well, just the tiles themselves are going to take up most of a box, considering how many extras there are. Someone posted a photo of being able to fit everything in 2 boxes, but all of the miniatures were crammed together in bags.

The nice thing about the sins is that you only use one per game, they don't mix together, so leaving them in their own separate boxes isn't a terrible idea (assuming you have the space). If you're planning to paint, and you aren't comfortable with varnishing them and putting them all in a big pile in the box, than you're going to need a lot of boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Well, just the tiles themselves are going to take up most of a box, considering how many extras there are.

The tiles from all expansions, and all heroes and acolytes, take up 3/4 of the box. The remaining space is the width of the hero tile and the length of the box; not much.

Quote:
Someone posted a photo of being able to fit everything in 2 boxes, but all of the miniatures were crammed together in bags.

I cannot imagine how they jammed everything into two boxes if they got everything.

Honestly, unless you have no room at all, it would make much more sense to have the core, and at least 2 more boxes if you were just bagging it all up. I'm happy to leave the extra sins in their boxes despite the amount of space it will take. Honestly, but I would love to have have had separate boxes for the core sins; mind you, not that I think CMoN should have, it's just something in hindsight that I would have used given the opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Here's the picture, I don't know if they got literally everything, but it's at least the full kickstarter and Apocalypse box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Augustine
United States
AUSTIN
TX
flag msg tools
mb
TBT's Blood Rage organizer was pretty amazing. I cant believe they got all the KS exclusives into the box in a way that still works for people without the exclusives. I picked up BR at retail with the 5th player expansion and thats it. The insert still works great. Very impressive. A lot of other companies have multiple versions or warnings that their organizers only work with all of the materials.

Im really hoping TBT does something similar for Black Plague and The Others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:
Here's the picture, I don't know if they got literally everything, but it's at least the full kickstarter and Apocalypse box.

That REALLY has to be stuffed in perfectly. Apocalypse and Pride themselves are so huge I have to wonder how they did it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Potter
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
I keep the apocalypse expansion in it's own box (except for the upgrade cards) because the tiles and mini's are solely used when playing the expansion. Cuts down on some weight when transporting the game when I know I'm not gonna play the expansion. I pack all the heroes (KS + men of faith), acolytes, and hell club (+ mayor and nicolas) mini's into the beta team box and all the sins mini's into the omega box. The core box fits everything else (cards, dice, tiles, hero boards, sin boards/cards, assorted paper) nicely. It's not as compact as the picture above so I don't get anxious about breaking something. We'll see what happens once I get Delta and Gamma team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got everything and have it separated like this into 3 boxes. Not entirely certain about the Acolytes, but I believe it's set up like this. This is a bit loose and not quite as stuffed in as the 2-box solution, but I don't like the thought of stuffing all the minis in that tightly anyways. I may swap out the Heroes with the Sins (since it's the Omega heroes box) and make it a bit more self contained so that all I need to do is hand off the Omega box to the Hero players and the Sins player controls everything else.

Core Game box:
• All Heroes (models/cards/dashboards)
• Tiles
• Rulebook
• Tokens
• Dice

Apocalypse box:
• Apocalypse monsters (models/cards/dashboards)
• Acolytes (models/dashboards)

Omega box:
• All Sins (models/cards/dashboards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@paddirn - followed your lead here, worked great. I tried putting all the hero components into the Omega box, unfortunately it doesn't work w/ the cardboard players sheets taking up as much room as they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Keating
msg tools
Core Game with all SG's + Men of Faith and Apocalypse

Core game box holds:
All cardboard elements (tiles, dashboards, cards, etc)
Dice in bags
Tokens in small parts organizer
Game Manuals

Large DeWalt Deep Pro Organizer (DWST14825) from Home Depot
1 Small Bin for each Sin's Minis
1 Small Bin for Hero Minis & Bases
1 Large Bin for Acolyte Minis (bagged by type)
1 Large bin for additional Demon Minis (Apocalype, Hell Fire, etc)

Looks like I still have room for the Delta and Gamma Expansions if I get them later.

The DeWalt bins are great for unpainted minis. And they interlock for easy carrying of larger sets (Zombicide fills three or four of them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also did 3 boxes. You need to do a custome box or 2 to get it in less than that I think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is what I used worked out great tons of extra room for down the road. You can get the plastic storage container from Amazon for about $30

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027AAIC6/ref=oh_aui_deta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All cardboard components and heroes/Pride/Sloth and all acolytes bagged and in the core box.

I left the five expansion Sins in their own boxes. I figure if I want to use one of them I can grab the core box plus the Sin I want to use and I'm good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Unger
msg tools
check out Feldherr for the 19.12.

https://www.feldherr.com/feldherr-set-fuer-the-others-7-sins...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Govostis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I got the base pledge plus men of faith and apocalypse. For now I have:

all sins separated by sin+sin cards+panel+controller+abominations in one bag each (ie if I want to play envy, I grab the envy bag)(pride I left in the clamshell because of his tentacles).

Each set of acolytes have their own bag.

All faith members in one bag.

Tokens in a small plastic box meant for sorting screws.

All tiles+sins+ counters go in the main box

All heros+character panels go in bea team box

All acolytes in Omega team box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.