War of the Ring: Lords of Middle-earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Breaking of The Fellowship Scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen if it is mentioned anywhere. Should some of the setup instructions change and does this game play well at all with that scenario?

Or is really only just for the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had no issues.

Can't recall off hand if there is any major difference in set up as I don't have anything in front of me but yes, definitely playable with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reemer wrote:
I've had no issues.

Can't recall off hand if there is any major difference in set up as I don't have anything in front of me but yes, definitely playable with the expansion.

There is nothing written, so that is the reason why I'm asking in the first place.

House ruling to put characters such as Gothmog, the Treebeard, Elrond or Galadriel into play could potentially tremendously shift the balance.

In the rules for the "Breaking of the Fellowship" with the First edition + expansion, The Balrog is dead and his Event Card removed from the game.

Some things can, I guess, be naturally assumed. For example since Gollum is the guide, the Smeagol-related cards (three of them, if I recall) are removed from the game, as well as all Smeagol tiles from the hunt pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.