Subject: Totally bonehead question...King's Favors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are trying to learn this game. In a two-player game, when, and how are the King's Favors played/scored?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Randomly choose them at the start of the game - IIRC it's three for a two-player game. Score them at the end. 8 points for placing first for a favour, 4 points for second but no points if you have nothing to count towards the favour at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmbmb
It's always One King's Favor per player in 2-4 player games, so there will be 2 Favors in a 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
It's always One King's Favor per player in 2-4 player games, so there will be 2 Favors in a 2 player game.

Where does it say that in the rules? It says to use the side with 4 slots for King's Favor tiles for 4 players and the side with 3 slots for King's Favor tiles with 2-3 players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder One Night Ultimate Werewolf now from www.beziergames.com
badge
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
mbmbmb
IdleHacker wrote:
toulouse wrote:

Where does it say that in the rules?

On the setup page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IdleHacker wrote:
toulouse wrote:

Where does it say that in the rules? It says to use the side with 4 slots for King's Favor tiles for 4 players and the side with 3 slots for King's Favor tiles with 2-3 players

If you look on the setup photos, it points to the king's favor spots and says to place one per player. Second page of this pdf:

Castles of Mad King Ludwig rules (English)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IdleHacker wrote:
toulouse wrote:

You do realize that you're arguing with the game's designer, don't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
IdleHacker wrote:
toulouse wrote:

You do realize that you're arguing with the game's designer, don't you?

I'm not arguing...I was genuinely curious since I never saw it. I even had to look 3 times after being told where it was before I saw it. When I look for setup of the King's Favor tiles, I look at the one numbered 1. I never even noticed there was a number 7 that pointed to them also
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar daros
msg tools
My husband and I play 2-player with the King's Favors (2) hidden upside down..Nice to have a surprise outcome in games without knowing what the favors are. Try it sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
IdleHacker wrote:
toulouse wrote:

Where does it say that in the rules?

On the setup page.

Yup, but I have to say, I like it better with three favours for two players. Why? Because the times I've played it with two, we've always ended up with one each, and the other player scoring the second place. Which basically nullifies the points gained. In a three or four player game, it seems much more likely that one player could grab first place for two different favours, or at least that not everyone will get a first, a second, a third, and a fourth place.

So since our last game, my wife and I will probably keep playing with three favours for two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court Marley
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:

Yup, but I have to say, I like it better with three favours for two players. Why? Because the times I've played it with two, we've always ended up with one each, and the other player scoring the second place. Which basically nullifies the points gained. In a three or four player game, it seems much more likely that one player could grab first place for two different favours, or at least that not everyone will get a first, a second, a third, and a fourth place.

So since our last game, my wife and I will probably keep playing with three favours for two players.

Totally agree, we play it that way for the same reason. We actually use the entire 3-player setup as well. Makes for a larger castle and longer game, which we like. 2-player games always seemed to end too soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snowden27 wrote:
Totally agree, we play it that way for the same reason. We actually use the entire 3-player setup as well. Makes for a larger castle and longer game, which we like. 2-player games always seemed to end too soon.

I'll try that as well next time I think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.