Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
Hello,

I just recently bought Descent 2nd edition along with some expansions.
Also bought the Queen Ariad lieutenant pack.

The card "Natural Camouflage"says: At the start of encounter, exhaust this card. While..... and so on.
As far as I can understand, an encounter starts at the beginning of a campaign and ends after someone has won. Therafter going to encounter 2.

Does this mean that when starting an encounter aka starting the campaign. I immediatly have to spend a threat token en use this card for the duration of the encounter. Or do they mean an encounter as in an attack or something like that where you need to roll a defence die? Thus paying the threat token every time I attack with an Wilderness monster?

Thanx for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Butlerian wrote:
(...) an encounter starts at the beginning of a campaign and ends after someone has won. Therafter going to encounter 2.

More or less this: Each quest is comprised of a number of individual encounters (normally 1 or 2), so you can use it each time you set up a new level.

So, a campaign consists of several quests (each with an unique name), and each quest consists of normally 1 or 2 encounters (different map layouts). At the start of each of these encounters, you can use the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Butlerian Atreides
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hands off!
badge
Are you eyeballing me?
mbmbmb
Okay, thank you for the explanation. I understand now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're quite welcome.

Just PM me with any other questions you can't find in the forums, although most have been answered it can be quite daunting searching through them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.