BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The big "show us your gaming room" thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: game_room [+] [View All]
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from the Shelfies Thread (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1489109/shelfies/page/1), which has been slowly dying, I thought it would be fun to share our Boardgame rooms with the community.
I myself have been lucky enough to have a girlfriend who agreed to turn one of our rooms into a dedicated boardgaming room (and one cabinet for her sewing equipment).

The room itself

The boardgaming room in full with my custom built table (which has the obligatory cupholders and neon lights on all sides). There is a plexiglass plate on top of the table which is used to prevent our lovely cats from jumping inside the table when we aren't around and which also comes in handy when we want to pauze a game so the pieces won't be moved around.

The tree trunk on the left side of the room we got out of the woods and turned it into a scratching/climbing pole for the cats, it also serves a decorative purpose .

Sewing cabinet

My GF's sewing cabinet, we got this out of an abondoned hospital in France. All of her sewing gear is in here, on top there's a computer which is used for music during play.

Shelves with the lighter games

These custom made steel shelves hold the easier and lighter games in my collection. I used to have four of them but they couldn't hold the weight of all the heavy stuff so I was forced to get some IKEA shelves.

Shelves with heavier games and graphic novels

This is where I keep the heavier games. My collection changes fairly often as I tend to sell off or trade games I feel I'll only play once or twice a year. I don't want to end up with a room stacked with hundreds of games which I'll never play so I prefer playing games a few times and then when I feel I got the most out of them I'll trade them in for a new experience. Obviously there are games in there which I will keep permanently.

I also have a few graphic novels stored there because I ran out of room on my book shelves

Star Wars Prints

I wanted to get some gaming related artwork but eventually I fell in love with these Star Wars prints.

So there you have it; my gaming room. I am very much looking forward to seeing some of the communities rooms and the insane stuff they got in there. Please provide as much detail as possible when posting pictures as we might want to pick up on some ideas to further improve our own gaming space .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krister Dahlgren
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not THAT big... yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Anne
Canada
Princeton, BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The game room:

The game closet:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, that's exactly what I'd think of when imagining a Canadian gameroom .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Anne
Canada
Princeton, BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:

I know, eh? Us Canadians are very proud of the fact that we've all recently upgraded from igloos to log cabins.

(perpetuating the stereotype, I'm doing my bit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:

Not quite. There isn't a stuffed moose head on the wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Anne
Canada
Princeton, BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
Nofunatalll wrote:

Not quite. There isn't a stuffed moose head on the wall.

Oh the shame, I don't have a stuffed moose head. I'm a terrible Canadian. soblue

But maybe this will do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Canada, don't ever change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I have right now is our gaming shelf:

Sadly, I can't really take a picture of the whole room in low light, so we'll edit that in later

The shelf is the one end of our dining room, with doors to bathroom/bedroom. The dining room has two IKEA Gerton tabletops that I sanded, stained, and finished myself to make a giant square gaming table. They latch together with some hardware, but also come apart if we need to run two tables. With the living room, we've even run four tables in our 900 sq. ft. house!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaj94 wrote:
All I have right now is our gaming shelf:

Sadly, I can't really take a picture of the whole room in low light, so we'll edit that in later

The shelf is the one end of our dining room, with doors to bathroom/bedroom. The dining room has two IKEA Gerton tabletops that I sanded, stained, and finished myself to make a giant square gaming table. They latch together with some hardware, but also come apart if we need to run two tables. With the living room, we've even run four tables in our 900 sq. ft. house!

Sounds like your house would be ideal for a weekend-long gaming marathon , when can I expect my invite ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, if you're ever in Missouri come on over. We just do game nights, though -- not really much heavy enough on my shelf to do a marathon of

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any table, any where any one wants to play....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tallboy wrote:
Any table, any where any one wants to play....

Well that works, used to be my MO for years anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dennis
Wales
Llanon
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Part of my antiques games collection room. Here are some other views.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread saddens me.

Pete (has an awful lot of tidying to do before he can participate)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Dennis wrote:
Part of my antiques games collection room. Here are some other views.

this is awesome dude
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Engilis
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's mine ... what would usually be a dining room ... mine to do with it what I like and I did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kythrid wrote:
Here's mine ... what would usually be a dining room ... mine to do with it what I like and I did!

Friggin' awesome room man, looks like a lot of the games in your collection would fit well in mine .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Engilis
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
Kythrid wrote:

Friggin' awesome room man, looks like a lot of the games in your collection would fit well in mine :D.

Thank you! They barely fit in mine ... as a matter of fact they don't. I have a closet in another room full of others. But it is a room that I and all others who game there enjoy immensely. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Love the maps. Makes the room look like a mad scientist/explorers den.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vera P.
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love seeing everyone's game rooms! heart

Here is ours that we recently finished putting together:

I shared more images and details about it on my blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Boucvalt
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quintessential man cave , only thing missing is an arcade cabinet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Big screen in the game room?! My gg would just watch tv instead of playing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buhbooh wrote:

This a dream room for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.