Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Udo Woitek
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

I don't know if I am just lucky but in every level I played last game I found the "Closed Door" with the second of my two heroes right at the setup moves. Is there any need to explore the other rooms then?

The only effect I see is: It will spawn more monsters.

Cheers,
Udo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mb
Well, you gotta get the key to open it...which is supposed to be on the bottom of the spawn deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't monsters also spawn at unexplored rooms? In which case I don't see how exploring could cause more monsters to spawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Woitek
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pr0phetbg wrote:
Well, you gotta get the key to open it...which is supposed to be on the bottom of the spawn deck...

...so I just have to be patient. The monsters will vanish one by one and eventually I get the key.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mb
Actually, that's a good point. The monsters WILL continue to spawn on open rooms...but they don't just vanish...unless you have them trapped on that firepit somehow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Woitek
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pr0phetbg wrote:
Actually, that's a good point. The monsters WILL continue to spawn on open rooms...but they don't just vanish...unless you have them trapped on that firepit somehow...

You're right. They vanish because I beat them like hell... devil

Not moving keeps all actions to brawling and looting. So that's another point to just stay where I am - unless I need to find the closed door. That would be the only need to move in the game, IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rodelf warrior
Italy
flag msg tools
if i've grabbed the rules you HAVE to move to save a damsel and, if you play with more than 1 hero, you may want to move to maximize effects from some abilities/spells

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Woitek
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rodelf wrote:
if i've grabbed the rules you HAVE to move to save a damsel and, if you play with more than 1 hero, you may want to move to maximize effects from some abilities/spells

Damsels show up only in rooms already explored. So I don't need to move to rescue them.

Maybe the rules should state that you need to explore all rooms of a level before proceeding to the next level. That way there would be at least a need to explore every room, even if some would still be able to do it as late as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rodelf warrior
Italy
flag msg tools
why the damsel show up only in rooms already eplored?
as far as i know damsel may show up in any room that not already contain monsters.

Monsters will come to you (if they've ranged weapons they will not), but loot cards in dungeon deck will not because if you kill a monster in your location and then wait, in the monster phase a monster will come and attack you, and then in the refresh phase no card is dealt to your location

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Woitek
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rodelf wrote:
why the damsel show up only in rooms already eplored?
as far as i know damsel may show up in any room that not already contain monsters.

Monsters will come to you (if they've ranged weapons they will not), but loot cards in dungeon deck will not because if you kill a monster in your location and then wait, in the monster phase a monster will come and attack you, and then in the refresh phase no card is dealt to your location

That's the point I missed in reading the rules: The monsters and damsels show up in every location - not only in the explored places! Thank you rodelf for pointing me to it.

There is no advantage in staying where you are. The monsters will spawn everywhere and come to the heroes, the items and spells will stay where they spawn so I need to move.

Everything's clear now. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.