Hide
13 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Number of Scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Beavor
msg tools
I was looking at the KS page this morning and was wondering about the 22 scenarios. Is that throughout all the KS stuff, or 22 scenarios just in the first act?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Freedumb wrote:
I was looking at the KS page this morning and was wondering about the 22 scenarios. Is that throughout all the KS stuff, or 22 scenarios just in the first act?

It's 22 throughout everything. Acts I and II have 7 each, and the 2 side acts have 4 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
The number is total for the campaigns, of which we will have up to 4, depending on your pledge level.

As they've mentioned 2 story books for the "Legendary hero" tier, consisting of 14 (+4) quests, my guess is that act 1 will include 7 scenarios.

However, does anyone know whether the campaign is branching or linear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Beavor
msg tools
Thank you. I'm trying to figure out if I want to dial back my pledge or not. I went all in with the immortal pledge, but I'm starting to second guess it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koroniss wrote:

Would love to find this out too. Looking forward to this game either way, but GD was strictly linear, so I'd expect the same from S&S (would be delighted to be wrong).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koroniss wrote:
The number is total for the campaigns, of which we will have up to 4, depending on your pledge level.

As they've mentioned 2 story books for the "Legendary hero" tier, consisting of 14 (+4) quests, my guess is that act 1 will include 7 scenarios.

I am pretty sure it's linear. However, there may be different starting conditions or events in a scenario depending on how the previous one was completed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Galaxy Defenders, their previous game, depending on how well you performed on a given mission you might have to play mission A or B. The campaign was heading in one direction but of the 12 scenarios included in the GD base game campaign I believe I only played 10 of them in order to complete it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
In Galaxy Defenders, their previous game, depending on how well you performed on a given mission you might have to play mission A or B. The campaign was heading in one direction but of the 12 scenarios included in the GD base game campaign I believe I only played 10 of them in order to complete it.

IIRC, it was more like: if you do well on mission A, you can skip mission B and play mission C instead; otherwise, play mission B, then mission C.

It was a fun campaign, but very static I thought. Where the replayability of S&S will come in I'm thinking is if you play the game with smaller player counts (3 hero parties maybe), and mix and match which heroes to use -- then further spec them out depending on their current roles.

And hopefully the item/loot system will be strong enough to warrant replays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
IIRC, it was more like: if you do well on mission A, you can skip mission B and play mission C instead; otherwise, play mission B, then mission C.

Yes, that's the way it is. It still means that if you played the campaign a second time you wouldn't necessarily play the exact same scenarios.

I don't expect S&S to be any different except with decisions and events in missions based on character alignment. I believe there will be more replayability because of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
22 is the total number of quests: 7+4+7+4
With the Immortal Souls box you will play
6 of the 7 quests, the last one will depend from
The actions performed in the previous quests, from the quest item found, etc... (I don't wanna spoil the story )

In the Darkness Falls (act II) you will play 6 or 7 quests, even there based on several factors.
In all cases some things will change during the flow of the story such as:
Allies,
Powers (like, Vampirism, lycanthropy)
Quest items (be prepared to see many "thematic-inspired" items)

The two most important factors about replay-ability are:
The Soul nature of the heroes: you will have 2 different classes for each hero, and sometime your soul nature will affect also your decisions.
The Treasures: from 40 (Act I) to 100+ (Act II) treasures like magic weapons, armors, artifacts, can be found looting enemies or completing quests.

And to be honest, I hope this will only the beginning!
I would like to see many user-created quests in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's one of the many things that really excites me about this game..being able to make your own quests/campaigns.its a massive plus for Dungeon crawler games.and guarantees their longevity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Rodda
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind there will eventually be a scenario builder so that you can make your own adventures and campaigns (The update also includes mention of a random dungeon generator, although I don't know what Ares Games' current stance on that is). I'm sure there will be scenarios aplenty once the game has been out for a short while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be pumped about the scenario editor if the gremlins were committed to using it to create more campaigns for the game in the coming years. Not so psyched about fan-made stuff, though I hope it pays off for those who are looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.