40.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Mattwran
United States
LONGMEADOW
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it.

If a player plays a Tribune card to cancel a vote part-way through the vote what happens to talents that other factions have already paid to increase their vote total? What happens to senators who vote against a Land Bill, but then the proposal is later canceled by a Tribune card?

Does the Tribune card mean that the vote never happened (so the money would go back to the owner and the popularity would not be lost) or are the earlier votes considered to have already taken place (in which case the players would lost their talents or popularity)?

Thanks!

I'm playing this for the first time since college on Wednesday and am still puzzled by a few things in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: Do senators still lost money/popularity for a vote canceled by a Tribune card?
There is no penalty as no vote took place. It's not unheard of for a motion proposer to tribune-veto their own proposal to prevent the penalty.

As for the talents paid, I would imagine they are lost, but I'm not so certain on that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Do senators still lost money/popularity for a vote canceled by a Tribune card?
the votes have taken place (talents used for voting is gone, popularity lost for land bills are lost)

Do remember that you cannot use a tribune after your faction has voted.

Good luck this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattwran
United States
LONGMEADOW
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's . . . just evil.

Provided we can get the rules down, I think my group will enjoy this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't get the rules right on your first play (we have played 20 sessions in our group and still we have arguments over the most basic stuff)

Just enjoy the game, write down those questions and come back here. Someone will be able to answer them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.